phantasy star online v2 connection issues

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sifacus
noob

phantasy star online v2 connection issues

Post#1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Hey all,

so i got a dreampi last week. Everything is great. Playing Phantasy star online and everything is good no connection issues. I got a copy of phantasy star v2 and tried to convert my character. It seems to connect fine until right at the end it shows me the lobby and says connection failed and to check my network settings. I'm using the boot disc for it and it seems to be working and doing its thing. every other game goes online just fine. this is the only problem ive come across if anyone has any ideas and could help. I also tried with a new character and not the transferred one to no avail. and my router is set to open traffic.

thank you,
sifacus

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: phantasy star online v2 connection issues

Post#2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:34 pm

I had that problem about a year ago and I did "something" to fix that but I cannot remember. I remember doing various things like changing 0.0.0.0 to 8.8.8.8, which also made all my Q3 isms go away.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

sifacus
noob

Post#3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm

is that the dns on the dreamcast you changed to all 8s. ill try anything lol.

Tinman
noob

Post#4 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 pm

I'm having the same issue. I'm wondering if we are supposed to use the PSO Sylverant patcher boot disc provided here? http://www.dreamcastlive.net/downloads

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#5 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Tinman wrote:I'm having the same issue. I'm wondering if we are supposed to use the PSO Sylverant patcher boot disc provided here? http://www.dreamcastlive.net/downloads

You are indeed supposed to use that boot disc. It seems based on the first post that he already is though.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 am

If you're using the BBA, you must save fake dial-up ISP information to your flash memory, or the BBA won't work. Setting a fake username, password, and number to dial is enough to make PSO happy.
"Fear the HUnewearl."