Outtrigger

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dostuff
dark night

Outtrigger

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:01 pm

So I see that Outtrigger is currently a work in progress. Awesome! I broke out my copy and played some and as I remember, the AI isn't all that bright. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to play it online back in the day. Has anyone played it online and how was it? I remember being excited for another fps online for the Dreamcast, but this never played like Q3A or Unreal.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Outtrigger

Post#2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:53 pm

I didnt even know this game existed back in the day. Now i've had it for several months and its not bad at all. I really enjoy it. The controls are kinda weird to get used to. I cant wait till its back online!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 am

game was a blast back in the day. Onlineconsoles at the time had a great community who played regularly. Games were fast and fun. Controls are hard for some like UT/Q3. They never bothered me back in the day as I play southpaw until this day, however moving with ABXY can be hard at times. There are mouse controls IIRC. I played dialup back then, and lag never was much of a problem. But its also one of the few BBA games.

The original game was played in Arcades with a stick (similar to virtual on) and a trackball. I've never seen a machine myself, but I've always wanted to find one.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:27 pm

I saw some gameplay footage of this game. It looks pretty slick!

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#5 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:15 am

Hazy memories but i loved it. I played keyboard and mouse and would alternate between quake 3, Unreal Tournament & this game simply finish a game and pop in another and your away. I believe that the game has extensive control options and i remember possibly D configuration being more inline with other titles. It would be simple to check. I always felt that some of the levels especially the furnace once had a level of vertically in there design but i could never seem to get up whether it was just me or simply impossible i couldn't say. Online was lighting fast however and i liked the risk reward of trying to collect the coins left behind by defeated players. I do remember at the time it was quite divisive but i thought it was fun and something different from the other two online FPS on the system.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:43 am

@ncman071 and everyone
I think the reason, alot of gamers didn't know about this game, is because it was released kinda late, close to the premature end, of the dreamcasts life cycle. The game is really cool though. I played it on reicast emulator, but it was difficult for me to play it, on a tablet touch screen.

I saw Maximillian Dood, Simmons and the YoVideogames crew, play the multiplayer mode, on their channel and it looked really fun. Something tells me, this game was super fun to play, online and offline, back in the day.

I wish sega didn't discontinue the dreamcast system so soon. Because alot of their new IP's and games back then, didn't get enough time to shine, or become household names, because of that business decision.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:57 am

PSO didn't close until 2007 I thinks

Amazing

Return to “Online”