connect with japanese pso

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

Re: connect with japanese pso

Post#11 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:42 pm

mistamontiel wrote:That's ideal man! http://psopalace.sylverant.net/

Downloads>PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 Torrent

Tixati sleek clean torrent client. If ye so desire I can put on my MF Gdrive temporarily

EDIT: Better yet since you already have your SN/AK in memory it's not going to prompt you for it? Don't quote me on that memory is fuzzy

anyway, before wasting another disc, this limk provides the us version, i do assume the us version need the patch or i can just enter the serial and go?because i remember the us versions needed the patcher, which i can't use anyway since the patcher is gdrom only...

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:31 pm

If you're using the BBA, all you need is a fake username, password, and phone number to make PSO work (plus the BBA configuration). JPv2 lets me go online with the same settings I use for USv2. If you're using the modem, then I don't know what's required.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Sega RPG

Post#13 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:02 pm

i'm using the dreampi, here's what i tried :

1 pso v2 found on the web with generic code (worked only offline and gave me server error on connection) and legit code from my japanese copy (that is not working at all)

2 us version taken from here (it was not going past the sega copyright screen, then it rebooted to the dc menu)

3 my japanese copy (which is accepting the serial but then it's not connecting saying me i need to configure my internet settings, which of course are configured, since i already play online with other games)

on the other end i have chu chu rocket that it succesfully connect (or at least seemso so) but then it throws me an error and go back to the menu...

i'm personally losing faith with japanese games xD

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#14 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Supposedly Dricas was like SegaNet for Japan, but I don't know why games would require it when US games worked with any ISP.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Sega RPG

Post#15 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:20 pm

well pso asked for user registration and browser settings so i thought about configuring internet settings with the dreampassport, to my surprise, the japanese browser is perfectly working, so i erased my memory and start the configuration again on dreampassport, Unfortunately it's all complete japanese and can't understand a single word of it so i've just configuried everything with planetweb, at least american and pal ones are working...

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Use the XDP browser disc and custom PlanetWeb v2.6x like UGB's tutorial on YT

She's been there on DC-Live too the DL

Sega RPG

Post#17 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:13 am

mistamontiel wrote:Use the XDP browser disc and custom PlanetWeb v2.6x like UGB's tutorial on YT

She's been there on DC-Live too the DL

exactly what i'm using, anyway xdp fail to configure settings, planet web works only with pal/us ones it seems...

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#18 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:38 am

Weird. I guess you have to use the BBA or buy USv2. PlanetWeb is good enough to fool JPv2 into using the BBA at least, but I've never used a JP disc with the modem.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Sega RPG

Post#19 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 am

so i have no hope for that, well it's my fault after all buying japanese games...hope one day someone will bring them back online too...

now, i have another question, i have download your pso pack but before burn one of these i want to know which version to burn since there are v2 r2 and v2 r2ep, what are the differences?and, considering i will use a code found on the web, will i be able to connect online?because i've already downloaded a pso v2 from emuparadise but i was only able to play offline getting a server error for the online part, i tried using the patcher but the patcher only works with original gd so...

any hint?i do assume there's no way to use my legit jap code on the burned one?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#20 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:21 pm

You must connect online one time with JPv2 per character to save your serials to the VMU. After that, you can play with a US disc. Since your JP copy won't go online, you have to use shared serials or buy USv2 to get unique ones. If you use shared serials you can play, but you can't participate in events or use some server features. If you don't know what the EP is, then you want the regular disc.
"Fear the HUnewearl."