My DreamPi setup

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: My DreamPi setup

Post#11 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Kids? PSO sucks! ill see you in Monaco sim mode where the rubber meets the road fool!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Mh, maybe he got some solder on a trace or something?

I actually tried to take a fan from a broken laptop and looked into making a fan mod like that but quickly realized it was too large to go in there with the GDEMU.

And yeah, I have a 2005 Pioneer plasma I got my DC hooked up to, so has built in VGA. So no need for the DCHDMI, but that mod actually taps directly into the video out and grabs the actual digital image and sound before anything is converted to analog, so it really is the sharpest possible image from the DC.

So it does have it's benefits, but yeah man, WAAAY too fucking pricey. You are looking at $150 for the board, and then if you want it preinstalled into a new DC people are selling them for $300.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 pm

I think you should go for the PICO PSU and get a sheet of thermal pads, External power supply is a huge heat loss. I might try to cram a laptop fan, pi ZW, and a LVI into the DC lets try!

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11066