Online DC Games

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Online DC Games

Post#11 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am

I'm the one restoring the vast majority of the websites (And I own seganet.co.uk)

Any that state Awaiting Upload have been submitted to Dreampipe.net where they'll be uploaded permanently. However there are some blocks between my submission of the site and the site appearing live via the DC browser. Firstly the owners of Dreampipe have to upload the site, secondly they need to build an htaccess file for each site, thirdly Kazade needs to correctly set up redirects on the Dreampi software.

That's after I've rebuilt each site and sent it to the Dreampipe team. Hosting isn't the issue, it's that control of redirects lay with Kazade and Dreampipe uploads lay with Xiden and Jial, and real life causes delays on these updates coming through. There's no blame, it's just a delay to get used to.

On the plus side, during the wait for the uploads, several sites (such as MSR) are also having their Leaderboards/Rankings worked on by Jial so hopefully they'll be in completed states by the time they appear online via each game disc's in-game browser.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Roareye wrote:I'm the one restoring the vast majority of the websites (And I own seganet.co.uk)

what are you working on now?

I'm retore outtrigger and send to my friend for translate
now restore fighting vipers 2

Снимок экрана_2019-05-18_18-57-05.png

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:29 am

I've taken a bit of a break, as I'm going for a promotion at work and my film comes out at the end of the week.

All of my completed sites are fully translated too, and some have new artwork to replace anything missing.

Completed sites;
18 Wheeler Pro Trucker [JP]
Buggy Heat [JP]
Cool Boarders Burrrn! [JP]
Crazy Taxi 2 [US with JP elements]
Daytona USA 2001 [US]
Dead or Alive 2 [Brand new as JP site is gone forever :( ]
F1 World Grand Prix [US/JP]
F355 Challenge [US]
Metropolis Street Racer [PAL]
POD 2 [US]
Propeller Arena [JP]
Sega Rally 2 [JP]
Sonic Shuffle [JP] (This is the only one not accessible in-game)
Soul Calibur [JP]
Toy Racer [PAL]
Virtua Athlete 2K [US/JP]

I've started a little work on the following, but they're not complete;
Dricas.com (Japanese web browser, includes downloadable Mega Drive games)
Eternal Arcadia [JP]
F355 Challenge [JP] (Has lots more info)
Gundam Battle Online [JP]
Jet Set Radio [PAL]
Monaco GP 2 Online [PAL]
Net Reversi [JP] (The Net series in Japan all use one website, but each game is on a different disc)
Outtrigger [JP]
Power Stone 2 [JP]
Sega GT [JP/US]
Sega Tetris [JP]

I'm not likely to get any more sites done in the near future, so feel free to complete what you want. I notice we've both started Outtrigger but mine isn't very far along and tbh I'm not going to complete it for some time so if you get there first that saves me a job lol

Cool to see someone else diving in :)