How to Play Online With Parsec and actual DC?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Baytonaaaa4
noob

How to Play Online With Parsec and actual DC?

Post#1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:49 pm

I was reading through the forum and noticed Xiden made the below post in a thread of a user asking about NHL 2k2 online.

Xiden wrote:Its possible to use real dreamcast hardware too if you have a capture card + Dreamcast to usb cable (a little complicated to setup wiring)

I've been trying to picture how this would all be setup. If I'm thinking straight, you'd get the capture card and then connect it to your PC and then you'd connect the DC to the card. Afterwards, would you get something like this and then plug one end of a usb cable into the device and then another into your PC??

Xiden
Developer

Re: How to Play Online With Parsec and actual DC?

Post#2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Baytonaaaa4 wrote:I was reading through the forum and noticed Xiden made the below post in a thread of a user asking about NHL 2k2 online.

Xiden wrote:Its possible to use real dreamcast hardware too if you have a capture card + Dreamcast to usb cable (a little complicated to setup wiring)

I've been trying to picture how this would all be setup. If I'm thinking straight, you'd get the capture card and then connect it to your PC and then you'd connect the DC to the card. Afterwards, would you get something like this and then plug one end of a usb cable into the device and then another into your PC??

hmm yeah that might actually work. This is parsecs video on it with SNES mini https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-IYvx7hHc&t using a arduino to send signals from pc to snes controller to snes console. But if the PC and pretend to be a PS4 controller than this method should work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTlwVyWobRc, where its a far far easier solution potentially. I might need to invest in this to see if I can get it working