pc-dc server issues

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mickschen
core

pc-dc server issues

Post#1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

hey guys,

i have a bba and playing with it online. Have no probs for pso, pod, toy racer as well.

But now i would to play some other games via 33k oder 56k modem and a ubuntu dc-pc server. So i configure this one fine, i thopught. I can connect to pso, connect to the internet via browser and then i tried to connect to worms, monaco, but it wont work. i dont know why, cause pso and browser are workling but no other games worked.
I put the bba on the dreamcast, connecting to POD Speedzone- all fine. Then i connect my 33k Modem and i will connect but it wont work.

if i use the ubuntu proxy server connection and pso will work, what im doing wrong cause the other games wont work. You know what i meaning?

Im knowing abput some issues with the number of outside, then im knowing abput some issues with dns settings and so on... so i know what im doing to 90% :D The only thing i dont tried know, maybe its the connection with a 33k Modem failed? I tried to 2 33k Modems and its the same probs... i cant find my 56k modem, maybe the ip 46.101.91.123 only works with 56k Modem?

for exampe, the call to my ubuntu server will work, then i will get the information the game tried to connect to the game server. In every game its the same issue, mybe the server 46.101.91.123 dontl ike me, but i dont know why :D POD Speedzone say to me: "Login Failed - Read configuration failed - Http server not resolved by dns"
So but thats not a problem with PSO, i set the dc on automatic and confige the dns setting in the ppp/options File in Ubuntu.

anti
lithium

Re: pc-dc server issues

Post#2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:44 pm

IP's work irregardless of what connection rate your modem establishes.

There are some games that are not compatible with a PC-DC Server setup. Read up here:
app.php/page/onlinegames

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 pm

more than likely alot of the online dc games that have been brought back online since dreampi existed will have issues with resolving the dns. im sure you could fix these issues by running your own dns server or redirecting all ip to the new addresses.

this is the one thing i dislike about the direction the online dc stuff has gone. it is somewhat closed, it should be more open to the community. i.e publicly available game server software..if dreampi or the newer dc game servers authors decide to leave then the game servers are gone forever.

anti
lithium

Post#4 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:29 pm

I would love to have the DreamPi DNS records so that I could replicate it on my internal DNS server. Do you know where to find that information?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:51 pm

anti wrote:I would love to have the DreamPi DNS records so that I could replicate it on my internal DNS server. Do you know where to find that information?

I would either reach out to those that have a dreampi to log the data for you or contact dreampi's author.
you could setup dreampi in linux or on a raspberry pi and log the data yourself too.
i wish that there was an updated log of all the dns records for each of the online dc games.
also a reachable dns server with the updated records for anyone who wanted to use it.
make it all publicly available.

and to add to this, patched isos for each dc game that can connect online.
i know some dc games require more than a dns entry to be patched..
maybe patch the dc isos with the dreampi dns so the address will not need updated?
idk?

mickschen
core

Post#6 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 am

Hi,

thx for the answers.

at this time, i thought, that the game dns server for all this connection to the other servers are 46.101.91.123. ok, now i understand, why it wont work. so, what is this for a adress then?

anti wrote:IP's work irregardless of what connection rate your modem establishes.

There are some games that are not compatible with a PC-DC Server setup. Read up here:
app.php/page/onlinegames

Sorry but i cant find any "noncompatible DC-PC Server" games.. its the same set up type netopia or? So my ubuntu is a proxy server right? My dc calls the ubuntu and this one send him to 46.101.91.123. Do you have any other Server adresses to me?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 am

my PC-DC server
use only with VirtualBOX or real PC (VMWARE don't supported)

mickschen
core

Post#8 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 am

Hi,

what for a os is it? And which games you can play with it?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 am

is linux (Ubuntu)
you can play all games
you can't create game in 2K sport games, only connect to users with dreampi

mickschen
core

Post#10 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

sorry but the download is horrible :D and after this download the vmx file is corrupt !

I will send you a link from a em pty onedrive folder. after you uploaden i will close this and put a link here... THX mate!