Hi everyone, I tried to evade posting this here by asking people around, but I had no answer to my problem.
I'm using a burned copy of Quake III arena, but im pretty sure is a working one as Mechanic told me he tried using the same without any problem, the problem is the following:
I try to connect to the server, it dials de connection, but when it scans the internet for servers it says "no response from master server" (almost sure that's exactly what it says, but I'm not in my house right now).
I tried also writing the address manually at the info options to the right, but it has no response.
One weird thing that happens is that when I try to connect to the server my Wifi shuts down for a few seconds, which is for me the weirdest part of this problem.
More information about my connection:
- Im using a raspberry pi model B+ with the most recent version of dreampi, connected with a homemade line voltage inducer, connected to the internet by Wifi (cant connect it to ethernet, cos it is just too far away from the router, on another room, I could check if it is posible to connect it buying a longer cable, but it is not my priority right now) and the connection works for other games like PSO where I can play without problems.
- One interest thing is that when I try to connect to PSO without the patcher disc the wifi connection shuts down too.
- I have no idea if this problem occurs with other games cos I just got my drempi working this week
- I think the DMZ is correctly set, but this should not be a problem with Q3 as far as I know.
- I know I´m not the first one with this problem, but I dont know if anyone before me was able to solve it.
Please Super 80's Hackerman, if you are anywhere close answer the call for justice and help me solve my problem!