ISP Information Not Found

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lclcola
shadow

ISP Information Not Found

Post#1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm

I am trying to play PSO ver. 2 online with the Dreamcast. I have the Sylverant patch disc, a broadband adapter, and the Planetweb Internet Browser 3.0. I have typed in the specified DNS using the Planetweb browser, but when I try to sign on I get the error that no ISP information was found on my Dreamcast. Any ideas?

Not sure if it helps to know, but I am able to successfully connect using my Gamecube and PSO Ep. I & II.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: ISP Information Not Found

Post#2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Can you post a picture of the settings in PlanetWeb?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

lclcola
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:15 pm

SelectConfig.jpg
PPPoE.jpg
DHCP.jpg
StaticIP.jpg
Proxy.jpg

So the first image is where you are given the choice of how you would like to configure the connection, the next three are the page that follows each selection, and the last image is the second tab that follows each of the those three.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 pm

You need to configure fake modem information, too. Set any username, password, and phone number to dial, and the error should go away. PSODC is too dumb to know that modem config isn't needed when using the BBA.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

lclcola
shadow

Post#5 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Where would you input a phone number to dial?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:22 pm

You need PlanetWeb or some other browser that lets you configure the modem. You may have to remove the BBA and connect the modem first.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

lclcola
shadow

Post#7 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Is the Planetweb browser I'm using here not the same one you're referring to?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Did you try pcwzrd's YT tutorial, memory fuzzy but I think he indeed used PW? I think it's version 2 everyone has anywho I don't think v1 especially v3 common @ all but whichever should be exact menuing

I like UGB's tut because the fancy XDP browser (CDI to burn to disc) but to note he forgets to use full standard seven-digit number ala 111-1111 so Alien Front attempts connect

EDIT: For giggles do a 'Mary had a lil lamb' number and Planet Ring sings it

lclcola
shadow

Post#9 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm

pcwzrd's youtube tutorial uses the XDP browser as its example. It details how to acquire network details and input the into the settings to get the Dreamcast to be able to connect to the internet browser which I do not have any issue with. I can actually connect without out inputting any information at all. All fields can be blank or set to zeros and I can still access google, dreamcastlive.net, or any other DC compatible web addresses. The only error occurs when trying to connect to PSO ver. 2.

I don't know what UGB stands for.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:38 pm

I used default DNS er zeroes before but Toy Racer not having that, better put it in

UglyGoblinBoy

Maybe drop the ethernet adapter for a few mins like Ives advises