Problems with Dreampi setup

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sindikatas
shadow

Re: Problems with Dreampi setup

Post#21 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:You could try that. It would eliminate using the Pi Wi-Fi.

So I got a wi-fi USB adapter. And it STILL doesn't work. Same error, failed to start Raise Network Interfaces. And it is Linux compatible, the Pi recognizes it.
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#22 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm

1) Have you re-installed the DreamPi image?

2) Which image was it?

3) Does the USB Wi-fi adapter work with a different computer?

4) Could the problem be bad Raspberry Pi hardware?

5) Can you try another Raspberry Pi?

sindikatas
shadow

Post#23 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:01 am

Nz17 wrote:1) Have you re-installed the DreamPi image?

2) Which image was it?

3) Does the USB Wi-fi adapter work with a different computer?

4) Could the problem be bad Raspberry Pi hardware?

5) Can you try another Raspberry Pi?

Hmm... I plugged in the adapter to my PC, and it is recognized as a WLAN adapter too, however it didn't automatically install the drivers. Perhaps I need to install the drivers manually on the Pi?

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#24 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:15 pm

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#25 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:39 pm

So a quick update, I bought the dreamcast live usb modem with the lvi in as I thought that was where my problem stemmed from. When I tried to connect I had the same problem, modem only had one light on though dreampi seems to be working fine and i got an ip address as well. Im running it on ethernet so i have no idea whats going on.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#26 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:23 pm

i'm just curiuos...do you have DSL interent? i have dsl and using the ISP supplied router/modem combo and it works fine,...but they sent me an updated router/modem combo last year and i tried many many times to get it to work with the dreampi and could never get it to work....some kind of weird issue...disabled all the firewall...etc...still only 1 light...thinking about getting my own router and modem seperately

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#27 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:11 pm

I do have DSL but i have a wireless modem. What was the weird issue if you know?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#28 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Well on my westell 7500 router modem combo I had to set firewall to enable all traffic. I tried to do the same thing with the new modem which is a Zylex and it still couldn't get two lights on the dreampi USB modem

the_big_boss_135
shadow

Post#29 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:46 am

I finally fixed the issue. You were right ncman it was the firewall that was the issue. I have no idea what causes the westell modems to have that problem but i think this could be of use to other users that have dsl. Thank you