Dreamcast and 4g connections

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Animated Violence

Dreamcast and 4g connections

Post#1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am

Hi everyone,
We ended up buying a tp-link 4g modem so from next month that will be my home internet source. Last time i asked about fwa connections and some people stated me they use the dreampi with a 4g phone without problems.

But now the question is :

Is there someone who plays alien front online or 2k games with a 4g connection?because i have fear i cannot dmz my dc with that...

Animated Violence

Re: Dreamcast and 4g connections

Post#2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 am

Ok so, the day has finally come, and my old provider pulled off the internet connection, so i finally configured the dreampi with my tp-link 4g lte router...

To my surprise, nothing is working, meaning that even if the pi is properly configuredl, nothing work

Pso says can't connect and should look at my settings and xdp and planet web says they can't look up the hostname

Tried also dmzing my dc but that didn't help, although i didn't reboot my modem yet since i didn't have anymore time to test

Any hint?because i fear this is the end...

Animated Violence

Post#3 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Rebooted the modem now and seems pso is working, plus i am online in monaco

Now, i don't know if it's just better signal or cause all the settings have taken effect with the reboot,

We will see...

Animated Violence

Post#4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:26 pm

so, haven't played but i can succesfully connect on games

the only exception is alien fron online on which i lose connection, nyone have any tips considering the modem is already dmzed?i do guess i need to dmz the dc which adress is my ip plus 98 instead of the last numer, right?