configured PC-DC for VirtualBOX

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

megavolt85
Developer

Re: configured PC-DC for VirtualBOX

Post#51 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:32 pm

mickschen wrote: so why the guy modded this modem? For Using BAtterie or something else?

this mod in order not to use batteries

mickschen wrote:YOUR script this light go on when i started the script. Why? Is that normal?

it should be
while the script is not running, the modem is not used and one indicator is on

some games will not work if the dialer number is less than six digits
PAL and NTSC browsers store some settings in different blocks
just set up DreamCast as shown in the video, no need to add anything from yourself

mickschen
core

Post#52 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:10 am

It will not work when i phones are **1 & **2 if i dail the 111-11111 :D And i cant change it. But - i will try a look, maybe i can put one of my telefonnumbers on one telefon port and maybe i can call the telefonnumber and not the short number **1.
Edit: no, that is not possible, i cant call my normal telefonummers so call the fonport on my FritzBox. I can only call the short numbers **1...

But i have to call the **1 and nothing else will work.

But i have to start a script anyway? Or it works automaticaly when my dreamcast is calling the number?

And the Configuration is right. no dns, no proxy, tone not pulse, only dial up nomber and do the ** in the modem settings. Thats it. I can go online with my linux maschine, but onyour maschine i have some troubles, one is the busy fail - ok, and the other for example in NBA 2k2 the dail failure says that there is a problem with my user or password. But i will give more trys today...

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#53 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:13 am

You need the Line Voltage Inducer to play all the games, and on top of that some games require port forwarding or DMZ to be set in the router.

You just got lucky that a few things are working without a Line Voltage Inducer.

mickschen
core

Post#54 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:16 pm

DMZ is open, no prob.

Mhh okey.

brunovieira90
minority

Post#55 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:06 am

Hello everyone!
Ask me a question?Is it possible to use dcgmail to play sega swirl on this connection method?If so, how could you proceed to do this?

mickschen
core

Post#56 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:41 am

i got 2 question :D

if you dont have the line voltage inducer mod for the dell modem and you want to connect do you ever get the busy fail? You script is connecting well but i every time i get the busy line, i can do what i start, start the connect or start the script again and again or waiting and then start the script and so on.. every time its busy... busy line...

on my script i come to chuchu roket without the modded modem, with you script on 0 games... :/

and, if i have open dmz for the linux machine, i will have to port forwarding to? Will auto port config accepted?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#57 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 am

without line voltage inducer dell won't work

if DMZ is enabled, then port forwarding will not be processed by your router

IP for DMZ *.*.*.98 where *.*.* is IP of your subnet

mickschen
core

Post#58 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:45 am

so the 98. is for dreamcast or vm?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#59 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:54 am

for dreamcast

mickschen
core

Post#60 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:01 pm

HI,

so i make a line volatge induce at its working! Thx alot!! Im using now the Dreampi image in my VmWare Player 15 ! Still working on HyperV? You know that?

Have a question anyway :D If i aktivate the auto port configuration on my router, i still need to open the dmz (expost host)? And on the other side, if i opened the dmz, i still need to configure this posts?

Return to “Online”