Orbi Port Forwarding Help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

INGUES
shadow

Orbi Port Forwarding Help

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:41 am

Hello,

I'm trying to do the port forwarding with my Orbi router and I can't get the game to connect. Specifically I'm trying to get Alien Front Online to work but I've opened up all of the ports for all online compatible games that require it.

I currently have two DreamPis connected to two Dreamcast consoles. One ends in .98 IP address and the other ends in .97. I can get both of them to play Quake 3 without any issues and they reflect the IP addresses correctly.

With the Orbi I've done two things since I'm not allowed to port forward the same ports on two different IP addresses. So for the IP ending in .98 I set it up with the DMZ adn the one ending in .97 I set up the port forwarding. Unfortunately I cannot get either one to connect to Alient Front Online regardless of DMZ or port forwarding setup.

Any guidance that anyone can provide would be appreciated.

See attached for screenshots of the current Orbi setup.
Orbi_WAN.JPG
This is the DMZ setup.
Attachments
Orbi_PortForwardSETUP.JPG
This is the port forwarding setup for the other DreamPi.

INGUES
shadow

Re: Orbi Port Forwarding Help

Post#2 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:43 am

To add multiple ports you add them comma separated. Here's the full comma separated list:

1028, 1285, 3512, 5011, 5502, 5503, 5656, 6001, 6500, 6666, 7648, 7980, 9789, 13139, 13713, 17219, 37171, 47624, 10501-10503, 2300-2400

megavolt85
Developer

Post#3 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:09 am

one WAN IP = one Dreamcast
for second connection need VPN with white IP

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#4 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 am

^this. Also, you can't have DMZ and port forwarding and expect them both to work. In most routers port forwarding will take precedence over DMZ. DMZ basically works like this: router sees an incoming packet, checks its routing rules (ie established connections, port forwards etc), if it doesn't match anything it forwards it to the DMZ host.

White IP just means that your publicly visible IP matches your router/modem's WAN IP.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

INGUES
shadow

Post#5 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you everyone for your guidance. I'm going to shut off the DMZ altogether and make sure that the port forwarding at least works for one of my Dreamcasts. Then go the White IP route for the second one.

Would it make any difference or make things any easier if I did Wifi on one DreamPi and Ethernet on the other or will I still run into the same IP address conflict?

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#6 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:29 pm

INGUES wrote:Would it make any difference or make things any easier if I did Wifi on one DreamPi and Ethernet on the other or will I still run into the same IP address conflict?

No difference. Still one WAN IP.

That's what the VPN is needed for - essentially it creates a tunnel to wherever the VPN server is, providing you with another public IP. If you want to look into VPNs, you need one that can give you a public IP without NAT which is an uncommon thing. I've gotten Azire VPN to work with Dreamcast FWIW.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast