Metropolis Street is Racer Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hadyn
letterbomb

Re: Metropolis Street Racer Back Online!

Post#71 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:01 am

jial wrote: One question, was an updated kudos score or a new one? Thanks for your report

I was updating my kudos score.

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#72 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:00 pm

No worries Jial, I think you may have actually gone further than the original website by providing working leaderboards for New Time Trials. While I never visited the original MSR Website back in the day (when it was hosted within Dreamarena), I heard from an old player that these particular leaderboards may not have been implemented as players were cheating. Apparently it is very easy to hack VMU saves or using Action Replay / Xploder codes to alter times and kudos. However their memory was hazy so I cannot say 100%. I try to back up any of my best laps with accompanying video footage on Youtube.

I have only upload one file to the World Time Trial (Fisherman's Challenge/Downpour/Celica GT-4) and had no problems with viewing it on the leaderboard straight after.

PS pcwzrd13, the MSR Time Trial marked Fisherman's Challenge on your website is actually the Financial Challenge. The actual Fisherman's Challenge New Time Trial was the one that cannot be founds.

I try to delve deeper into the website during the weekend. Thanks again Jial for all your hard work!
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#73 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 pm

rjay63 wrote:PS pcwzrd13, the MSR Time Trial marked Fisherman's Challenge on your website is actually the Financial Challenge. The actual Fisherman's Challenge New Time Trial was the one that cannot be founds.

Oh! Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jial
Developer

Post#74 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 am

rjay63 wrote:No worries Jial, I think you may have actually gone further than the original website by providing working leaderboards for New Time Trials. While I never visited the original MSR Website back in the day (when it was hosted within Dreamarena), I heard from an old player that these particular leaderboards may not have been implemented as players were cheating. Apparently it is very easy to hack VMU saves or using Action Replay / Xploder codes to alter times and kudos. However their memory was hazy so I cannot say 100%. I try to back up any of my best laps with accompanying video footage on Youtube.

I have only upload one file to the World Time Trial (Fisherman's Challenge/Downpour/Celica GT-4) and had no problems with viewing it on the leaderboard straight after.

PS pcwzrd13, the MSR Time Trial marked Fisherman's Challenge on your website is actually the Financial Challenge. The actual Fisherman's Challenge New Time Trial was the one that cannot be founds.

I try to delve deeper into the website during the weekend. Thanks again Jial for all your hard work!

Hi, you were right only have what archive.org saved from original site and a few images from magazine, with that roareye did a great job creating the missing pieces to recreate it. I only coded the site scripts. Will be a great news if anybody would have played in dreamarena era and remember details about msr website to be more accurate with that. I have hope to find more original material.

Thanks a lot for all your help and now it's time to compete to be best msr driver :)

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#75 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Looking forward to having a bit of time to play again over the weekend.

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#76 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:53 am

Hi guys,

Logged onto the website today but it was VERY slow loading and it felt like the pages I was viewing would never load.

When I tried to upload my new Kudos it would just buffer when trying to upload the file until finally the host not found error would display. This is a bit worrying as everything was working fine on my last visit. I tried this a few times and couldn’t get it to work.

Is everything OK with the site or is it a possible issue with me running the script that was recommended for me to use earlier in this thread when I couldn’t get the site to load?

All the best,

Hadyn

jial
Developer

Post#77 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:41 am

I tested as a regular user and all works fine, I can´t imagine what is the problem. Review your dreampi connection and dns to be sure that all is ok

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#78 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:45 am

jial wrote:I tested as a regular user and all works fine, I can´t imagine what is the problem. Review your dreampi connection and dns to be sure that all is ok

Weird. I will try later. If it's still not working, I'll run the script that was given to me in this thread in my dreampi again to see if this sorts it.

Could just be laggy internet etc.

hadyn
letterbomb

Post#79 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi again,

Went on the website again today and everything seemed to work OK. I updated my kudos and managed to download the Shibuya time trial and upload my time to the leaderboard. I did notice that the Shibuya leaderboard wasn't updated when I uploaded my time and got the confirmation screen. Is there a delay when uploading times? I don't think there was any delay updating the leaderboards with the other tracks.

Just a thought, would it be possible to put some information up on the main page to remind people where to get a sega.net account from? Just thinking of casual players who don't come on this forum etc who want to get involved.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#80 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Is there anyway of accessing the website on a pc or phone (i.e. what is the url for the site?) so we can view the leaderboards without needing to open the site on a dreamcast or is it all internal like dreamarena originally was?