Online only partially working

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Arbteron
noob

Online only partially working

Post#1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:06 am

Alright guys, here's the scoop. All internet browsers work flawlessly, but Planet Ring doesn't. It connects and lets me log in, but then tells me all of the tables are full. When I tried setting up DMZ to my Dreampi's IP adress (192.168.1.98) it literally just changed itself to 192.168.1.72, so I set it to 192.168.1.72, and guess what? It just changed itself right back. Am I doing something wrong, or does my Dreampi just hate me? :(

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Online only partially working

Post#2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:05 am

Arbteron wrote:Alright guys, here's the scoop. All internet browsers work flawlessly, but Planet Ring doesn't. It connects and lets me log in, but then tells me all of the tables are full. When I tried setting up DMZ to my Dreampi's IP adress (192.168.1.98) it literally just changed itself to 192.168.1.72, so I set it to 192.168.1.72, and guess what? It just changed itself right back. Am I doing something wrong, or does my Dreampi just hate me? :(

Hi! Looking your tests... is that, the DMZ is not working right.
Maybe in your network exists other device that likes the .98, or who know... but to be sure, try with a network broadcast app (ie fing for android) and look again what ip is the dreampi. If you are conected to planet ring, you will see 2 different ip adresses, one for the dreampi and one other for the dreamcast. One of this 2 ip are the correct to aim with the DMZ. Try with them, sure that it works. If not, do like me, 1 by 1 opening the ports on ther router tables. A bit boring bur sure that works and avoid any kind of clonflicts.

Some routers are loaded by the devil jajajajajja

Good luck!
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!