Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hadyn
letterbomb

Re: Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon Is Back Online!

Post#121 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Shu has updated the server congratulation to double the team health. Now matches will last a lot longer. :-)

Thats great news. Thanks Shu!

Neoblast
Developer

Post#122 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 pm

► Show Spoiler
Wow congratulations to all responsible. You never cease to amaze guys. Good job.

I'll play with you soon
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#123 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Mayor Qwert showed me that GD2 features goliath huge mechs different ones

He whipped me numerous times but I don't see him in leaderboard 0.o

Have to key in my phone # each boot and blah rest of the fields, blasphemy!

korni
shadow

Post#124 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:41 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:Gundam uses the same KDDI system as all the other Capcom games but the other games seem to require something extra that this one doesn't (likely because this is a Bandai game unlike all the others which were both developed and published by Capcom). Shu and I tested some other games and they don't send any data after dialing a connection. It's like they're looking for some sort of extra configuration. They also look for some sort of VMU "NET" file before connecting. Although it does let you proceed without it. In any case, extra research will be needed.

If I remember correctly, the japanese version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 creates this VMU "NET" file, when you entered in the online or in the stat menu. But this is a very faint memory, I do not own a Dreamcast at the moment, so I can't test this.

Mandos
shadow

Post#125 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Woah that's pretty wild, and the game looks pretty solid. As a Gundam fan always wondered how the dreamcast games were with most of them being Japan locked with a few exceptions

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#126 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:20 pm

Wonder why no one has tried translate the menus, much better with ReviveDC too as it seamlessly combined both GDs into one CDI (I recall reading that the GDs are a few measly hundred megs, bizarre)

I've only dialed in this Gundamn *maybe* twice, a game night and then GD2 with a feller who told me it's got more+better mechas. The menus are a royal chore to navigate much less memorize and if I revisited now I even forget if save is required
Last edited by mistamontiel on Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#127 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:48 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Wonder why no one has tried translate the menus.

One day I may look into fully translating this game end-to-end, especially because A) it can be played online and B) the English voice mod is already done, adding another level of polish.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

LeSpank
undertow

Post#128 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:31 pm

ateam wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:Wonder why no one has tried translate the menus.

One day I may look into fully translating this game end-to-end, especially because A) it can be played online and B) the English voice mod is already done, adding another level of polish.
The game was already fully translated and released in the West on PS2 right?

I'm guessing that doesn't make things any easier from a technical perspective though!

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#129 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Oh wow I wonder if NTSC-U PS2 had network multi? This milestone stems from another lad who reverse engineered on PS2 but NTSC-J, I think tackling KDDI but not completely solved as of yet

EDIT: Oh it's Inada-s from first post. Curiously the website says it's tailored to Dreamcast and.. connection guide just says to emulate shockingly