Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hadyn
letterbomb

Re: Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon Is Back Online!

Post#111 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:10 pm

We had a really good few games last night on Gundam :)

The first video shows how bad the lag is with 2v2 when one player out of the four is playing outside your international region. Three players were in the UK/EU and one was in the US:

https://youtu.be/saHstbB7c2U

Second video shows how well everything works in 2v2 when everyone is in the same international region (All in the UK/EU in this case):

https://youtu.be/SKrQNo89Eo0

If nothing can be done to improve the infrastructure, can we suggest players who are looking for 2v2 games meet up in rooms that are related to their international region to help with lag? 1v1 players can use any room. The currently blank splash screen could be used to notify players of this.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#112 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:40 am

Can we improve the connection guide?

Here you want to select the profile, then click the button on the left
1.jpeg

Then you get to the map, the 0 at the top and in each region indicates 0 players are online.
Map highlighted is Shu's server
3.jpg

On this screen you pick an army, make sure you are on opposing teams either 1vs1 or 2vs2
2.jpeg

Now when you are ready to play you can click the top left button. make sure everyone is ready or it will default to a 1vs1 match
4.jpeg

After the match is complete press A before the timer runs out.

Lots more to add really but that should be in the guide, I can get some better pics in a few weeks.

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#113 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:44 pm

For those of you who are struggling to get a game going, hopefully this quick instructional video will help you out. Hope to see you online soon - it's a fantastic game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zD3_-hi-74&feature=youtu.be
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#114 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm

Everyone will now steal Dingo's number. :lol:

I also updated the Connection Guide with more screenshots.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

SirRockEmSockEm
rebel

Post#115 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 pm

dcdingo wrote:For those of you who are struggling to get a game going, hopefully this quick instructional video will help you out. Hope to see you online soon - it's a fantastic game!

pcwzrd13 wrote:Everyone will now steal Dingo's number. :lol:

Wow, you guys are fast! I'm sorry if it seemed we were being pushy about this on stream, but I appreciate what you guys are doing!

Also, I'd like to clarify something about the kill limit. There isn't really a strict number: Your team and the enemy team have health bars on the top left, which deplete every time someone dies, and some suits are more costly than others (Example: The RX-78 Gundam takes about half of your team health when it dies. That's why matches can end so quickly).

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#116 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:32 pm

SirRockEmSockEm wrote:
dcdingo wrote:For those of you who are struggling to get a game going, hopefully this quick instructional video will help you out. Hope to see you online soon - it's a fantastic game!

pcwzrd13 wrote:Everyone will now steal Dingo's number. :lol:

Wow, you guys are fast! I'm sorry if it seemed we were being pushy about this on stream, but I appreciate what you guys are doing!

Also, I'd like to clarify something about the kill limit. There isn't really a strict number: Your team and the enemy team have health bars on the top left, which deplete every time someone dies, and some suits are more costly than others (Example: The RX-78 Gundam takes about half of your team health when it dies. That's why matches can end so quickly).

Hey I'm just glad we can help! The more people we see on this fab game, the better!

You're absolutely right on the kill limit - I know CPU players do less damage to the 'health metre' than human players. That's why sometimes there can be 5+ kills in a match.
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#117 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:05 pm

I've made a new version of the video to include the details I missed (plus make it look a little less shoddy!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4Po1b26jA
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#118 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Shu has updated the server congratulation to double the team health. Now matches will last a lot longer. :-)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Shuouma
Developer

Post#119 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:19 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Shu has updated the server congratulation to double the team health. Now matches will last a lot longer. :-)

Yup thnx for playing and checking.

Xiden
Developer

Post#120 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:06 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Shu has updated the server congratulation to double the team health. Now matches will last a lot longer. :-)

Server Congratulations Day! ;) ;)

giphy.gif

Jk :lol: sounds like fun though, thx for update!