Cant set port forwarding. Plz help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jakersAK
noob

Cant set port forwarding. Plz help

Post#1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:24 am

I have a modem router combo that does not allow me to dial into the IP address on a web browser, but on a phone app. Myspectrum, where I cant manually set the ip of the dreamcast, it's a dropdown menu where I have to select a device but the dreamcast does not appear. Therefore I cannot set my ports, any ideas on how to get around this so I can play some games online?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Cant set port forwarding. Plz help

Post#2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Does your modem/router support DMZ? If so, than this is what you should do instead of port forwarding. DMZ should end in .98. The first 3 sets of numbers are dictated by your ISP (see examples below).

DMZ Examples:
1.) 192.168.1.98 if your router IP is 192.168.1.??.
2.) 192.168.0.98 is my router DMZ setting.
There are other settings depending your country/region.

Remember to reboot your router/modem gizmo after setting the DMZ. You should be able to ping it from a PC/Laptop or whatever you have though.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 pm

You can try the advice here as well, post #19: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12706&start=10#p127392
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

jakersAK
noob

Post#4 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Thank you very much for the replies, no dmz support unfortunately. That was my first goal. I will try the link. Thanks again

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm

jakersAK wrote:Thank you very much for the replies, no dmz support unfortunately. That was my first goal. I will try the link. Thanks again

hello, i too have a router/modem combo...do you have dsl as well? i know on my router it does officially say dmz...but has options to set a static ip of the dreamcast...should end in .98

also, i'm just curiuos...my dsl seems to have shitty connections with the dreampi.....i swear it seems like every sports game i play and every time i get on quake 3 arena, its just a lag fest...so frustrating....here lately been taking the fun right out of trying to play these games online

jakersAK
noob

Post#6 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:31 am

no i dont have dsl, they games i am able to play online, so far only pso successfully, is lag free. but quake wont even attempt to dial in and alien front online boots me 3 seconds into a multiplayer match every time. mine doesnt have dmz at all it seems though.