PSO Newbie

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dunndeal427
shadow

PSO Newbie

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Hey Yall!

My name is Jane & I'm new to the DC Online scene. :D

Thx to the help of some wonderful friends on here I was able to get online w/ PSO for the first time!!! Way into the aesthetics & vibe, but after I read some online posts I think I'm gonna try playing the offline mode until I can level my character up. Any advice for a new player in the game? Also-if you're down to help a newbie out in game I would be mega appreciative!!

<3<3<3
Jane

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Re: PSO Newbie

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:52 pm

I'm currently waiting on 2 bits in post to finish my dreampi set up then I'll be on so will happily join (as I have to start again as lost access to my old character from years ago).

Only trouble with offline mode is its quite restricted. I used to just go online and do the quests on my own years ago. Sometimes people will gift you stuff which can be a god send
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi, welcome.

things that people don't think much when they start:
- feed your mag regularly, I don't know exactly how often you can feed it, but its about every 5 to 10 minutes. feeding the mag will help it evolve into more powerful forms, and the stats of the mag also afect your stats, so feeding it is like leveling up yourselft too.
- do the quests that you enjoy, you dont need to do much quests to finish the base game, so just go for the quests that sound fun to you, specially since you will have a chance of playing the same quests again on hard, very hard and ultimate difficulty. Remember that every time you finish a boss you got to go talk to the principal so you can go to the next area. I remember I didn't knew this when I was a kid, so I ended up loosing a lot of time.
- don't be afraid of going online, there are always people with low lv chars online, specially on saturdays (you can find about 20 people online on the EST afternoon). IDK if you are playing on Sylverant, but AFAIK its the server with the best community.

See you online soon, also don't forget that you can play a lot of other good games, the Discord server is really active and probably the best place to find players to play with, you can find the link on this very same page, just look at the top right corner.

Dunndeal427
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 pm

spinksy wrote:I'm currently waiting on 2 bits in post to finish my dreampi set up then I'll be on so will happily join (as I have to start again as lost access to my old character from years ago).

Only trouble with offline mode is its quite restricted. I used to just go online and do the quests on my own years ago. Sometimes people will gift you stuff which can be a god send

Omg yay!! I'm in the middle of watching a Ghibli movie then gonna make dinner, but would be WAY down to play online later tonight (maybe in like 3 hours from now?) if you are!! Also down to plan a time to play together if that doesn't work. <3

Way way grateful & excited to explore the world w/ another player friend!! :D

Dunndeal427
shadow

Post#5 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Gocha wrote:Hi, welcome.

things that people don't think much when they start:
- feed your mag regularly, I don't know exactly how often you can feed it, but its about every 5 to 10 minutes. feeding the mag will help it evolve into more powerful forms, and the stats of the mag also afect your stats, so feeding it is like leveling up yourselft too.
- do the quests that you enjoy, you dont need to do much quests to finish the base game, so just go for the quests that sound fun to you, specially since you will have a chance of playing the same quests again on hard, very hard and ultimate difficulty. Remember that every time you finish a boss you got to go talk to the principal so you can go to the next area. I remember I didn't knew this when I was a kid, so I ended up loosing a lot of time.
- don't be afraid of going online, there are always people with low lv chars online, specially on saturdays (you can find about 20 people online on the EST afternoon). IDK if you are playing on Sylverant, but AFAIK its the server with the best community.

See you online soon, also don't forget that you can play a lot of other good games, the Discord server is really active and probably the best place to find players to play with, you can find the link on this very same page, just look at the top right corner.

Thank you for this incredible breakdown Gocha!!!
-I have no idea what a mag is yet, but when i figure it out - I now have the knowledge to keep it alive & well (^^) (it evolves?? this is giving me pokemon vibes & i am INTO IT!! <3<3)
-This is great advice. I tried taking my first quest the other day where you find this guy's flame sword that a dragon ate, but the minute I figured out how to get on the ground, my lvl 1 character got PWNed by the 5 lizards that came at me SO FAST :lol:
-And that was mega reassuring. :) I didn't wanna bother anybody last Saturday but will put myself out there next time & see if anybody would be down to cruise w/ a newbie :)

Playing on Sylverant rn but didn't know there were other servers!!
Will look into it & looking forward to seeing you online soon too friend <3 :) <3

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#6 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:56 am

Just to reiterate - don't give up on going online. People are always willing to help out and it is by far the quickest way to level up. Get into the art of 'tagging' - hit each enemy one time only, then keep a distance while the higher levels finish them off. You will still get your share of XP. At first, you'll find you're able to go up at least 5 levels in an hour.
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:12 am

dcdingo wrote:Just to reiterate - don't give up on going online. People are always willing to help out and it is by far the quickest way to level up. Get into the art of 'tagging' - hit each enemy one time only, then keep a distance while the higher levels finish them off. You will still get your share of XP. At first, you'll find you're able to go up at least 5 levels in an hour.

I used to do this back in the day, go on a hard quest and just hope I could get 1 or 2 hits on each enemy then stay back while high level players finished them off.

Good memories

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:38 am

Interestingly enough, I've been playing PSO v.2 for the last couple of days myself. To be honest I haven't touched the game since I purchased it brand new way back when (I never really gave it much of a chance to grow on me back then). So I strated a new file with a new character and everything. I'm really having a lot of fun just grinding away in offline mode doing all the Guild quests. I find myself addicted to the game. I'm currently at Lv. 15. Just made a delivery to some android in one of the caves for some money.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#9 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:58 pm

I'm only doing offline mode, but I'm starting a new game and trying every character out till my last bit comes in post for my dreampi set up.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46

KmusDC
fire

Post#10 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Dunndeal427 wrote:Hey Yall!

My name is Jane & I'm new to the DC Online scene. :D

Thx to the help of some wonderful friends on here I was able to get online w/ PSO for the first time!!! Way into the aesthetics & vibe, but after I read some online posts I think I'm gonna try playing the offline mode until I can level my character up. Any advice for a new player in the game? Also-if you're down to help a newbie out in game I would be mega appreciative!!

<3<3<3
Jane

Welcome to the world of PSO. =) I hope to see you soon connected.