FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Re: FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Post#31 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:05 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Roareye wrote:It appears it was 2 Vs 2.

It's "technically" 1v1 but you can have two players on each console making it 2v2.

See this would be perfect for me and my mates as there's 4 of us who play and we kinda live in pairs in 2 areas lol. Now I really want it to be made back online :o

I tried Googleing the kdd service that was mentioned but cant find much info, is there another name for the japanese service?
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#32 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Frontpage.jpg

Sorcerian's website has been completed, and it gives a breakdown of how it's leaderboard system works. I'd never heard of a global leaderboard for an offline RPG before, and the way this works is very interesting.

The Sorcerian User Ranking is now posted to the Victor Interactive Software website! The faster you clear the game, and the lower the level of the characters in your party at the time of clearing the game, the higher your rank will be! You can enter it online, so please feel free to apply.

With further information on the site it seems to work this way;
COMPLETE THE GAME: once complete the game will issue you a Password
LOGGING IN: enter the homepage/browser and register your email address with Sorcerian servers. Once verified, login using your Username and Password (not the one given by the game).
RANKING: Enter the Password given to you by your copy of Sorcerian on completion of the game
LEADERBOARDS: Check the leaderboards after a few minutes to see your position in the rankings.

This is a fascinating system, and I wonder how easy/difficult it would be to revive it. Either way, here's some stills of the site's pages, including some rebuilt art assets that the site was missing.
SystemPage.jpg

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#33 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Got my GDEmu set up and installed. Managed to discover the web browser URL for Comic Party (a 2 disc visual novel) so will investigate any potential further internet features.
Checked the Japanese edition of Super Runabout, where some source had stated it had an online feature. It doesn't, so that's been removed from the list. I have, however, updated Biohazard 3 with the missing original image files, updated Sorcerian with the missing background image, completed Marionette Company's website and Climax Landers too. I think I already mentioned finishing Net de Tennis' website, but if not that's been done too.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#34 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:00 pm

Roareye wrote:Got my GDEmu set up and installed.

congratulations with upgrade
I recommend buying 2-3 small SD cards (8-16 GB), this is very convenient for tests

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#35 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:08 pm

I've got a 128gb, but I have several spare 8/16gb cards. It's a good idea. I'll load my main, frequently used games to the 128gb, and use a smaller one for testing. Good idea, thanks man :D

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#36 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 am

Love Reading progress of websites and games being worked on.

Quick question, would it be possible for someone to make a homebrew game online at all?
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

megavolt85
Developer

Post#37 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:38 am

spinksy wrote:Quick question, would it be possible for someone to make a homebrew game online at all?

only for BBA
network functional for modem in KOS broken

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#38 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 am

megavolt85 wrote:
spinksy wrote:Quick question, would it be possible for someone to make a homebrew game online at all?

only for BBA
network functional for modem in KOS broken

Isn't KOS only relevant for Japanese titles or am I getting confused?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#39 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 am

Just played Power Jet Racing 2001, and you know what? It's a bloody great arcade racer. The closest thing to Wave Race on the DC, sure it's not quite as pretty as the GameCube game, but gameplay wise it's just as solid. It was only released in Japan, and has a website though sadly there's no additional leaderboards or anything. I was kinda hoping there was :(

megavolt85
Developer

Post#40 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 am

Roareye wrote:Isn't KOS only relevant for Japanese titles or am I getting confused?

KOS is SDK for make homebrew software and games
but this SDK has a bunch of bugs and does not make optimal use of console resources
for example, when I made an adapter for connecting third-party controllers to a dreamcast, I saw what stupid requests the KOS driver makes
the ISOFS driver is just poor, it only reads the disc in PIO mode
the GDROM driver does not use even half of the drive's capabilities
Looking through the code of KATANA, WINCE and KOS games, I was surprised, despite the fact that KOS uses modern compilers, the code looks just awful, there are a lot of unused voids