FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

moon.sarito1
undertow

Re: FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Post#61 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:43 am

I hope BomberMan Online will be back on the ground soon, it is one of the best if not the best on the list.

Xiden
Developer

Post#62 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Wanted to add to list that mobile suit gundam did have a online website mode

beatsetradio
shadow

Post#63 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:03 pm

As someone who never got to play online back in the day, I just want to add my voice to the chorus and a huge thank you to the people who are continuing to make this possible in 2021

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#64 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:06 am

Xiden wrote:Wanted to add to list that mobile suit gundam did have a online website mode

Added it to the list :) Thanks Xiden.

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#65 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Awesome list. We need to have every single game online available again.
From love, with Russia :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#66 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:44 pm

That's the dream, Strik3r91. It's likely not very doable if only because the Japanese online-play titles often used DWANGO/KDD as a connection method, which is almost unable to be emulated (at least currently). However their other online features are recoverable (browsers, even those in-game, don't use DWANGO/KDD connections it seems).

Looking into Sega Rally 2 atm, since it uses KDD as it's main connection method but also offers direct dialling. It can't do peer-to-peer online play (Like, for example, the XBAND services on SNES, Genesis and Saturn do) but it can dial a server instead of use DWANGO. It would require us to set up a server to dial up to, but that may yield a result in getting Sega Rally 2 online without having to touch DWANGO. But even then it's all very pie in the sky.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#67 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:54 am

Found PAL Buggy Heat has online play (though I'm certain my disc version didn't, the PAL disc I downloaded does), however the PAL website was never saved to Wayback Machine so I've contacted Xiden to reroute the URL to the Dreampipe Japanese site.

If anyone can find any remaining elements, let me know. Here's the address PAL Buggy Heat tries to contact;
http://www.dream-key.com/buggyheat/index.html

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#68 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:30 am

Haven't posted for a long time here, I did mention about Powerstone 2 online a while ago and a couple people took a look at it - was this a game that could definitely not be made to work online?
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:19 am

spinksy wrote:Haven't posted for a long time here, I did mention about Powerstone 2 online a while ago and a couple people took a look at it - was this a game that could definitely not be made to work online?

Pretty sure Power Stone 2 would require us to emulate KDDP, which makes it one of the less likely games to come back online. A shame because I would absolutely love to play this online.

12ariel3
shadow

Post#70 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:29 pm

thank you for all of these :D