cant connect to game in worms world party and booted from afo alien front online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FrankenWeenie
rebel

cant connect to game in worms world party and booted from afo alien front online

Post#1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am

I recieved the dream pi but I'm having a problem with it I was hoping you guys could tell me how to fix it please.

I get disconnected from alien front online afo as soon as i join a match after creating a game. I have connected my dream pi directly to my modem-router so it's not using a second router anymore.

My dreamcast ip is in the DMZ and my router detects the Mac address. my dreamcast ip was found by connecting in quake 3.

I also have the phone number set to 111-1111 and not 1111111

i can ping the pi and get a reply so i know my pi is on the network

I tried removing the DMZ then port forwarded my dreamcast ip which is the same ip found in quake 3 but that didn't work either. I rebooted everything. Quake plays fine online but I can't get into any matches on afo and worms world party. I was able to get into a server on pso phantasy star online but I didn't try playing pso with anyone. So it's just alien front line it seams I can't stay in a match because I'm disconnected when I join.

The only other thing I can think of is my dreamcast modem might not be compatible with my dream pi usb modem. My dreamcast modem is a Japanese 33k modem and I read on the dream pi site today that my pi usb modem is for ntsc-u dreamcast modems. So I have ordered a usa modem today just encase. Am I on the right track? or what else can i try?
Last edited by FrankenWeenie on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: cant connect to game in worms world party and booted from afo ailen front online

Post#2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:34 pm

A Japanese modem is fine.

What you say sounds exactly like a port forwarding issue, as that is the exact behavior of AFO when not port forwarded properly.

Rather than DMZ, try port forwarding. Also what IP were you seeing in quake 3?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Re: cant connect to game in worms world party and booted from afo ailen front online

Post#3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Nico0020 wrote:A Japanese modem is fine.

What you say sounds exactly like a port forwarding issue, as that is the exact behavior of AFO when not port forwarded properly.

Rather than DMZ, try port forwarding. Also what IP were you seeing in quake 3?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

i tried port forwarding as well and removed the dmz and disabled upnp and rebooted everything. I even changed my default isp dns in my isp supplied modem-router and rebooted but that didnt work either.

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Post#4 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:25 pm

the ip i got from quake is 192.168.2.98

my default gateway is 192.168.2.1

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:44 pm

FrankenWeenie wrote:the ip i got from quake is 192.168.2.98

Make sure you DMZ 192.168.2.98

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Post#6 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Xiden wrote:
FrankenWeenie wrote:the ip i got from quake is 192.168.2.98

Make sure you DMZ 192.168.2.98

it is 192.168.2.98. it doesnt do anything for me.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Compare your WAN IP as reported by your modem/router with https://www.google.com/search?q=my+ip+address

Verify that they match so we can rule out any ISP introduced NAT issues.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Post#8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:45 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Compare your WAN IP as reported by your modem/router with https://www.google.com/search?q=my+ip+address

Verify that they match so we can rule out any ISP introduced NAT issues.

they both look the exact same. compared them just now as per your request. i dont think i should post my public ip on here though.

but my isp is giving me both ipv4 and a ipv6 IPs. im not sure if that might be causing problems but theres no way for me to turn off ipv6 in my isps modem router.

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Post#9 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:51 pm

another thing is if i try to change my isp set dns it just changes back to the default after i click save.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm

What's your router model? Is there a manual available online for it?
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast