Setting up Dreampi Wifi with SSH?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Pyrochrome
noob

Setting up Dreampi Wifi with SSH?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:45 pm

So i recently bought the parts for a Dreampi, including a Pi Zero W. To save money I didn't get a mini HDMI adapter or keyboard so I'm very limited in my options for accessing the Pi's terminal. There's a method exclusive to Zero models that lets you connect using just a USB cable to your computer and PuTTY, I followed every step including changing files on "boot" and making sure Bonjour is installed. Upon trying to connect with PuTTY, it tells me that "raspberrypi.local" doesn't exist.

Has anyone set up their Pi Zero this way? Is the default host name for the Dreampi image different, or is it not compatible with SSH?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Setting up Dreampi Wifi with SSH?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:05 pm

Yup the hostname is now dreampi.local

Pyrochrome
noob

Post#3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm

It still won't connect. I looked at the forums and it seems other people have been able to connect, so I must be doing something wrong. Seems like everytime I put the micro sd back into my computer, the SSH file is missing....

redcoffee90
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:42 pm

I'm experiencing a similar issue to you. I just created another post with some additional detail.

It seems as if the DreamPI image is disabling Wifi by deafault. I'm unsure why this is programmed in.

krovellium
fire

Post#5 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 pm

You’re going to have to type in “sudo wificonfig” then choose “Add Country Code” then select your country of choice. then do sudo wificonfig again then connect to your wifi like normal. then reboot, wait 30 seconds. if the lights don’t come on, it didn’t work