Trouble w/ DreamPI and PSO v2

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

LazurWulf
noob

Trouble w/ DreamPI and PSO v2

Post#1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi! I've got DreamPi setup and connected, I can see myself on Dreamcast Now and it shows I'm playing PSO. However after the game connects the screen freezes on the loading screen but the music changes to the lobby. Then eventually I'm disconnected with the message "The line was disconnected due to network error(s). PLease try connecting again later". FWIW, I can connect using the boot loader and Sylverant so I think my PSO v2 and character are fine.

Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks!

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: Trouble w/ DreamPI and PSO v2

Post#2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:21 pm

LazurWulf wrote:Hi! I've got DreamPi setup and connected, I can see myself on Dreamcast Now and it shows I'm playing PSO. However after the game connects the screen freezes on the loading screen but the music changes to the lobby. Then eventually I'm disconnected with the message "The line was disconnected due to network error(s). PLease try connecting again later". FWIW, I can connect using the boot loader and Sylverant so I think my PSO v2 and character are fine.

Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks!

The bootloader is entirely the reason you can play the game online.

PSOv2 in its stock form, is hardcoded, and while the DreamPi can bypass the IP, it also has security checks that will always fail on private servers.
You have to use the bootloader, or a pre-patched (Ives) PSOv2 disc to play the game on Sylverant. This is non-negotiable.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:47 pm

As mentioned above, you'll need to use the boot disc every time you want to play online, or just use the disc Ives made. From my understanding it has something to do with bypassing the requirement to pay a monthly fee to play online.

LazurWulf
noob

Post#4 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Gotcha. I thought the bootloader was only for Sylverant. I thought DreamPi put me into a Dreamcast Now server (or something like that). So when I see folks on Dreamcast Now playing PSO v2, they're using a boot loader? Thanks!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:12 pm

PSOv1v2 only live on Sylverant

Everyone you see on DC-now are indeed Sylverant

LazurWulf
noob

Post#6 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank you!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:20 am

If you want to skip using the bootloader, download the IVES version of PSO and burn it to a CD. This has all the patches that are on the bootloader, plus decreased loading times / disc seeking due to a better file structure arrangement.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:33 am

CDI is a laser saver for certain! The genuine GD's filesort is trashed!

http://psopalace.sylverant.net