Trouble with PSO V1 and V2 on DreamPi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistermoomoo
noob

Trouble with PSO V1 and V2 on DreamPi

Post#1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:56 pm

I want to connect to the in-game browser but any time I choose "play online" or "website" it tells me "Network settings on the Dreamcast have not been set up yet." and doesn't even attempt to dial at all. This happens with both V1 and V2, running on legit Japanese copies. Every other web browser that I've tested works; Shenmue Passport, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Dream Passport, and PlanetWeb V3.

I configured my internet settings via the XDP browser following the instructions for the DreamPi and every game and browser works except for PSO.

Both V1 and V2 don't even try to connect at all, they tell me the settings haven't been set up yet. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? This is driving me crazy. Could it be that the game needs me to put something for broadband settings even though I'm using dial-up? I've tried having a full 10-digit number along with many other variations in the settings and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Trouble with PSO V1 and V2 on DreamPi

Post#2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:02 pm

The Japanese version of the game requires you to have an email account set up. You can do that using PlanetWeb. Doesn't have to be real. Just enter fake info.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

azarashi
noob

Re: Trouble with PSO V1 and V2 on DreamPi

Post#3 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:23 am

I'm having this same problem but I'm unable to fix it by entering email settings in Dream Passport, as far as I know the rest of the settings are set correctly. Any help?