Burning PSO first timer questions!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Slaytah
shadow

Re: Burning PSO first timer questions!

Post#11 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:58 am

Ok so I set my Router MTU 1400. Had to create a new character etc but I've been ship and block hopping and everything is working great. Really annoying to lose my Lv31 character (50hrs) but I guess I'll just start again. Please feel free to join my games if anyone has a low level character. Thanks for all above advice

Slaytah

DreamState
blackout!

Post#12 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 am

Slaytah wrote:
DreamState wrote:I had this happen to me mate when I went into the Altimira ship. I got my char⁰acter wiped and replaced with a hacked one. I think it’s because this ship isn’t for us DC players, use Vega.

Yeah the first ship I selected was Vega. I then jumped ship and appeared in the lobby as a new character! Hopefully I'll get it sorted but I'll stick to Vega from now on. Obviously I'm a complete newb to these servers. Just want to know if it's something I've done wrong my end?

I have 2 DC. My original PAL with legit games all boxed up in the loft and a spare PAL I bought recently to mod to the 'Ultimate' DC. I'm using a MODE with a US version of PSOv2 with serial key/code from the internet. I had a feeling that's what's bugging/hacking my character when going online??

I'm new to these forums and servers and I don't want to break any rules. If that's the case I'd rather start again from scratch and be as legit as possible.

Thanks for your reply

Slaytah! I think I just missed you in Normal Forest? I had joined you but couldn’t find you in the field. Let me know when you start a mission again, I will join you as I need to pick up Monomates for my Mag! Cheers from the UK!

Gary

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#13 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:33 am

Slaytah wrote:Ok so I set my Router MTU 1400. Had to create a new character etc but I've been ship and block hopping and everything is working great. Really annoying to lose my Lv31 character (50hrs) but I guess I'll just start again. Please feel free to join my games if anyone has a low level character. Thanks for all above advice

Slaytah
Glad you got it working. Sucks about your character. Did you have character backup set up through Sylvernet? Dreamcast PSO can do server side character backups.

Also, if something like this ever happens again, just power off your DC without saving. You will lose your non equipped/banked items. But the character won't be gone at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:43 am

Chit ethernet adapter!!!

Make dialing great again xP

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#15 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:39 pm

In theory, you only need to change the MTU on the Pi, rather than on your home router, since the DC is the only thing on your network that needs the lower MTU. I don't know how to change the MTU in Linux, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Slaytah
shadow

Post#16 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:01 am

I must say, the DreamPi Kit is amazing! You guys responsible have done an incredible job and the community as a whole is keeping this machine more than alive, it's thriving!

Many thanks to Pcwzrd 13 at Dreamcast Live for all his help and an all-round great service

Slaytah
shadow

Post#17 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:03 am

DreamState wrote:
Slaytah wrote:
DreamState wrote:I had this happen to me mate when I went into the Altimira ship. I got my char⁰acter wiped and replaced with a hacked one. I think it’s because this ship isn’t for us DC players, use Vega.

Yeah the first ship I selected was Vega. I then jumped ship and appeared in the lobby as a new character! Hopefully I'll get it sorted but I'll stick to Vega from now on. Obviously I'm a complete newb to these servers. Just want to know if it's something I've done wrong my end?

I have 2 DC. My original PAL with legit games all boxed up in the loft and a spare PAL I bought recently to mod to the 'Ultimate' DC. I'm using a MODE with a US version of PSOv2 with serial key/code from the internet. I had a feeling that's what's bugging/hacking my character when going online??

I'm new to these forums and servers and I don't want to break any rules. If that's the case I'd rather start again from scratch and be as legit as possible.

Thanks for your reply

Slaytah! I think I just missed you in Normal Forest? I had joined you but couldn’t find you in the field. Let me know when you start a mission again, I will join you as I need to pick up Monomates for my Mag! Cheers from the UK!

Gary

Hi,

When are you on next? Can try and schedule a meet as I'm in UK too

DreamState
blackout!

Post#18 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:10 am

Gary[/quote]

Hi,

When are you on next? Can try and schedule a meet as I'm in UK too[/quote]

Usually weekends from around 9-10pm for a few hours, and apart from that off and on through weekdays! Will try and catch you next time!