DreamPi Connection Woes

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lozz
core

DreamPi Connection Woes

Post#1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi all,

5 days ago I setup my PAL Dreamcast with a DreamPi connection and it worked seamlessly. I played PSO on Sylverant for a couple of nights, and then played Monaco online on Saturday. My DC reset automatically during the second race, at which point I turned it off - assuming it was the standard reset issue or a badly burned CDI. Anyway, I came back to play some PSO tonight and couldn't connect. The DC seemed to dial, but then stalled when it hit the server loading screen, and I was faced with an error message saying 'connection failed' (as per the attached image). I tried with Monaco and the DreamKey 3.0 browser, but got similar error messages on these too.

The only thing I have done since my DC did its auto-reset on me during Monaco is move it and the Pi around a bit in the room, to make space to work from home today. However, everything is still setup exactly the same otherwise. I have two green lights on the USB modem, and all of the wires are connected securely. I checked to see if my DreamKey ISP settings were still saved (they were). I also did a reset of my router and tried switching ethernet cables. I even formatted and reinstalled DreamPi on the Pi's SD card. All to no avail.

I bought the DreamPi off eBay, but I suspect the seller got it from PC wizard. The line inducer is the PAL version (two usb cables), as pictured here. It gets the two green lights on the USB modem, however, after initial boot-up the light on the Pi itself switches from red to yellow. It was like that when it was working fine previously though, so I don't think that signifies anything untoward.

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot this. I'm very much a novice with this tech, so apologies if I've missed out anything really simple.

Many thanks,

Lozz
Attachments
DreamKey Error Message.JPG
PSO Error Message.JPG
DreamPi.JPG

lozz
core

Re: DreamPi Connection Woes

Post#2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:01 am

Apologies - managed to fix this myself. Turns out the Pi had been given an ip address ending in 98, which conflicted with my DC. Now changed the Pi to a static IP as per the instructions given on Dreamcast live.