I can play PSO online but when I try and join an existing team connection fails every time. Help?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pizzahotline
shadow

I can play PSO online but when I try and join an existing team connection fails every time. Help?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:53 pm

Wondering if anyone can help me with my issue with PSO. I can connect with no issues at all, chat to people in the lobby and make my own team and go fight shit and get XP. People can join my team and it's all good. BUT when I try to join an existing team it doesn't work, disconnects and says 'game over' every single time I try and join one. Is this a bug or something that people know about?

DreamState
blackout!

Re: I can play PSO online but when I try and join an existing team connection fails every time. Help?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:00 pm

Have you changed your MTU on your modem router settings? I had the same issue as you but changed mine to 1400 as the setting and it fixed

pizzahotline
shadow

Re: I can play PSO online but when I try and join an existing team connection fails every time. Help?

Post#3 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 am

Hey thanks for the help. I've heard this from a few people now so thinking that it's the source of the issue. I'm sadly not able to change the MTU on my crappy home router so apparently, I can do it from the command line on the Pi itself. I'm a super-duper noob at this stuff but definitely willing to give it a shot.

Another thing I haven't yet done is configure DMZ. Could that be something to do with it?

DreamState
blackout!

Post#4 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am

If none of these work, try putting PSO on a dedicated SD card too and test gameplay that way. Someone gave me this as advice and it fixed all my crash issues.

Montynas
noob

Post#5 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:17 pm

I don't know if the second option helped the author, but it helped me, thank you!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:20 am

Nice
Regards,
Bob Dobbs