Port-Forwarding, Need Some Assistance.

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SlyFisch
shadow

Re: Port-Forwarding, Need Some Assistance.

Post#11 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Ugh. The documentation on these devices is terrible. We're going to have to live with two DHCP servers, but we'll just make sure they don't overlap.

I'm assuming you have one of your google routers hardwired to the modem and that's the only, or one of the only hardwired devices?

Do these steps first:
In the google router
Lan IP: 192.168.1.101
subnet leave as is: 255.255.255.0
DHCP start: 192.168.1.120
DHCP end: 192.168.1.250
Restart all your google routers and then your connected devices

Do these second:
- In your Fios modem find out where it has the DHCP address distribution option for the wired network.
- Change the address start to 192.168.1.2
- Change address end to 192.168.1.50
Restart Fios modem
Restart Dreampi if it was on

Make sure you still have working internet connection after all the changes.

Now, your Dreamcast should get the IP address of 192.168.1.98. Verify with Quake 3.
Port forward or DMZ to that address from the Fios setup

Alright I'm back after trying all of this. I was able to change everything except for the LAN IP -- when I try to change it to what you suggested it tells me the IP is in the wrong subnet:

http://imgur.com/a/ft96x2k
http://imgur.com/a/QlDIaM1

My IP address is still the correct IP in Quake 3 with 192.168.1.98 but it seems port forwarding is still not working for the game I tried (Alien Front Online, I get kicked out a few seconds after I start a match)... Same story with DMZ. Really not sure at this point

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#12 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:36 pm

Just to clarify, it won't accept 192.168.1.120 and reverts it to 192.168.86.120 with an error? You tried setting everything on that screen as 192.168.1.X?

How is your Dreampi connected to the internet?
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

mickschen
core

Post#13 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Lol the router is in another net like the DHCP. Why you do that?

Reset the router, make free ports for the IP in your net with the end .98 and go!

And create only at first DMZ for the .98 if that works, closed the DMZ and make ports if you want that.

I had a bug too couple of weeks ago. I created the .98 for open DMZ or ports. I created the DMZ option and the router switched that settings to the setting from Dreampi xD I repeat that 4-5 times and evertime put the router the DMZ settings to the IP from Dreampi and not from the dreamcast :D so that won't work. Then I reset the router, create the .98 IP, activate DMZ and it works with no problems. It seemed that the router was knowing that the Dreamcast IP goes thru the Dreampi IP. ... Crazy thing xD