PSOv2 & DreamPi questions: PAL DC online in Canada

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Saris287
noob

PSOv2 & DreamPi questions: PAL DC online in Canada

Post#1 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 am

Hey there!

Delighted to be back playing the Dreamcast again after a long time away. I'm a Brit who now lives in Canada and I've finally added the Pico PSU to my baby to get it running on 110v.

I have some questions regarding the DreamPi and PSO v2, which is pretty much the only reason I want to get online:

DreamPi:
If I have a PAL-E v1 console (& dial-up modem) running on 110v in a NTSC-U country, will I need the NTSC or PAL voltage inducer?

PSOv2:
I want to get a unique SNAK without braking the bank. Prices for NTSC-U copies have gone crazy, so are one of those cheaper NTSC-J copies on eBay a good idea? I have a GDEMU so happy to use whatever region to register and then play on NTSC-U or PAL-E.

If anyone happens to have a copy of PSOv2 with a SNAK I'd be happy to buy.

Please let me know your thoughts!

megavolt85
Developer

Re: PSOv2 & DreamPi questions: PAL DC online in Canada

Post#2 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am

Saris287 wrote:DreamPi:
If I have a PAL-E v1 console (& dial-up modem) running on 110v in a NTSC-U country, will I need the NTSC or PAL voltage inducer?

in any unclear situation, use a PAL inductor, it is compatible with all modems

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Saris287 wrote:
DreamPi:

PSOv2:
I want to get a unique SNAK without braking the bank. Prices for NTSC-U copies have gone crazy, so are one of those cheaper NTSC-J copies on eBay a good idea? I have a GDEMU so happy to use whatever region to register and then play on NTSC-U or PAL-E.

IIRC, what you can do is get a JP copy of PSOv2. Set that game up and register its SNAK. Then after that, you can use the US/NTSC version of the game to play. I don't recommend using the JP version as it has glitches no present in the PAL/US version. However, anytime you want to make a character/take it online for the first time you will need to use the JP version of the game first.

IVES/Bluecrab might know for certain, but I am pretty sure this is how its handled. Once you make a character and take it online for the first time it doesn't matter what disc you use.

EDIT:
Actually I have a JP copy of PSOv2 with a SNAK. PM me and I can give it to you, but you will need to download the JP version of the game to set up your characters first.

Saris287
noob

Post#4 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:44 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Once you make a character and take it online for the first time it doesn't matter what disc you use.

EDIT:
Actually I have a JP copy of PSOv2 with a SNAK. PM me and I can give it to you, but you will need to download the JP version of the game to set up your characters first.

Thanks for confirming Nico. That's what I thought was the case from reading previous posts, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks very much for the SNAK offer! I bought one of those eBay copies earlier today so hopefully I'll be good to go once it arrives in like a month. If somehow it doesn't have a SNAK (the listing photos appear to be a CIB copy) I'll be sure to DM you and we can figure something out. :D