IVES PSO V2 US with EU serial ?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FlorreW
Animated Violence

IVES PSO V2 US with EU serial ?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Hello there

I really tried to find info about this but didnt anywhere in the forum so ill ask in a new thread (sorry)
I want to start playing Phantasy star online v2. So i downloaded Ives PSOV2 US cdi version that autoconnects etc (Great work indeed Ives !!)

Now the problem is that after i created my character the game askes me if i want to go online or play offline. I choose online ofc and erase whatever code is there and then i enter my own from my original PSO v2 EU.

Well , that code doesnt seem to do it , do i need to have a PSOV2 US serial code to get online ?

I am thankful for guidance if possible :)

-----------------------------------------------
Problem: Does not accept my Serial key
Game: Ives Psov2 cdi (US)
Key used: Original game Psov2 (EU)
Connection: Broadband
Media: Gdemu
------------------------------------------------

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: IVES PSO V2 US with EU serial ?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 pm

You need to use your EU GD-ROM to go online for the first time so that your EU serials will work. After that, the US CD-R will work for that character, since you don't need to enter your serials again.

You'll also want to erase your flash memory to clear the serials of whoever owned that DC before you.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:53 am

Thank you alot for clearifying this Aleron Ives

NightBreeze
fire

Post#4 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:37 pm

There's also a GDEMU version of the Sylverant Launcher, if you want to use stock PAL PSOv2: https://github.com/Sylverant/pso_patcher/pull/1

But I didn't know I could use Ives' version for PAL too, need to test it at some point! :)

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:50 pm

The Sylverant PSO Patcher is not designed to work with any ISO images of the game floating around on the Internet, especially not ones that already have patches applied (it will simply report any patched versions as unknown games that aren't PSO -- this is by design and will not be changed).

I would highly recommend not trying to use it with anything other than a clean GDI (that you have, of course, ripped yourself from your own copy of the game).