Dreampi UK

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Markdanni123
minority

Dreampi UK

Post#1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:04 am

Hi there guys was wondering if I buy a dreampi kit (I’m from the uk) would I still need to make a line voltage enducer or would the dreampi kit come with everything I need and I don’t need to buy anything else for it? I have a model 1 Dreamcast normal 56k modem, no mods or would I need to buy the voltage thing for uk Dreamcast from the Dreamcast shop?

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Dreampi UK

Post#2 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:16 am

The line voltage inducer is different in PAL to the US region, so if you buy the kit you'll need to ensure the kit comes with it. The Dreampi likely won't work without it. It's not to do with the Dreampi's power supply, it's to do with the electrical voltage in the phone line.

PAL phone line voltage is different to US phone line voltage (much like our electrical sockets, old TV sets etc all operated in completely different frequencies and voltages) so you'll need the equivalent line voltage inducer to get Dreampi to work.

Markdanni123
minority

Post#3 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:21 am

Awww I see thanks dude :) so when I buy the kit I will need to buy a pal line voltage thing as well? That’s fine it’s an option in the shop so thank god :) thanks again dude!!

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Markdanni123 wrote:Awww I see thanks dude :) so when I buy the kit I will need to buy a pal line voltage thing as well? That’s fine it’s an option in the shop so thank god :) thanks again dude!!

You sure do - it is possible to make your own, but if you like the easy option (like me!) then everything you need is in the shop to get you started.

Look forward to seeing you online, from one UK player to another!
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

Markdanni123
minority

Post#5 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:20 am

Yeah I just want the easy option :) and I can’t wait to get online again after all these years, it’s like Christmas Day 2001