Daytona USA Website back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Daytona USA Website back Online!

Post#1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:21 pm

daytona.png
daytona.png (110.85 KiB) Viewed 8006 times

The Daytona USA Website is back online! Thanks again to Roareye for restoring the website!
As of now the Leaderboard system and Key system are non functional and will be implemented at a later time.
You can however download a real battle net key that had been recovered.

Your dreampi will automatically redirect you to this website (NTSC USA Only). We still need to fix the PAL region redirection.
The site can also be accessed by going to http://daytonausa.dreampipe.net/

Speaking of daytona usa keys, if anyone comes across extra battle net keys on a VMU let me know
and I can add them to the download collection.

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Re: Daytona USA Website back Online!

Post#2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Awesome news!!

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:43 pm

This is nice to see! I visited the site earlier today and as you mentioned, nothing really works yet, but I can definitely see myself uploading many ghosts to this thing if that functionality is ever restored, I've played the time trial mode in this game a lot.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Ragfish wrote:This is nice to see! I visited the site earlier today and as you mentioned, nothing really works yet, but I can definitely see myself uploading many ghosts to this thing if that functionality is ever restored, I've played the time trial mode in this game a lot.

I'm sure it will be on Shu's and Jials todo list. I'm not quite a perl expert yet or I could start looking into the web side of things.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Thanks for the works! Visited the web too and is so nice, with time functions will be on.

Very important that the KEY file was found and works!!! Is a very big step for the online gaming. It says server error when I tried, normal, but now the game loads the key and try to connect. Before was imposible.

Thanks again! :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#6 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Always great to see new websites come back online! Definitely gonna check that out later.
John 3:16

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#7 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Nice
Italian Stallion

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#8 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:02 pm

I want Daytona online for christmas. I'll leave Shuclause a case of Beer in the stocking
Italian Stallion

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:37 am

this is awesome!

Sakuragi
rebel

Post#10 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you very much for bringing the website of my favorite game on the Dreamcast ! It was really advanced for the time ! Ranking, lobbys by level of players, to be able to download or upload ghosts ... I can't wait (but I will have :D) to be able to play online ! In Europe we didn't have the net battle mode so I never saw how it was :(