Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sutt22
rebel

Re: Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post#21 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Xiden wrote:
sutt22 wrote:Hey all, great work on the Passport. It brought back alot of memories from when I was a little high school squirt haha. I did notice that both sections of Nozomi's Messages are showing the debug messages.
I'm sure you are aware, but I wanted to mention it just in case. I know it is a work in progress.
Thank you to all of you for your hard work.
Take care! :-)

Jials working on getting that fixed up :) the debug messages help with the mappings

I've been playing Shenmue vigorously JUST to continue to have information to read and dig into within the Passport. Once again, fantastic job. And thanks again! Also if you can ever visit Dobuita in Yokosuka, its awesome!
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." ~ Bernard of Clairvaux

Xiden
Developer

Post#22 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Jial has restores nozomis Messages on shenmue passport. You can now get information Clues about your specific game progress :)

I've also updated the OP with information on the progress on shenmue passport restoration. Anyone who may have missing character dlc, (we have all the ones from dreamexplorer) please let us know so we can add them to site. We have over 200 but missing over 100. We also need missing troubleshooting tips text if anyone has information on that let us know as we continue to research.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:24 am

Keep up the great work! This is awesome.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Robfozz
rebel

Post#24 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:01 am

Couldn't access it using my dream pi and the PAL version of the passport. Does it only work on the US release?
Pepperonium

jial
Developer

Post#25 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:06 am

No, it works with pal and ntsc version, what is the problem? any message? I will review that asap . Thanks

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#26 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:37 am

Nice work!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Robfozz
rebel

Post#27 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:10 am

jial wrote:No, it works with pal and ntsc version, what is the problem? any message? I will review that asap . Thanks

Just doesn't connect. It attempts to for a few seconds and then just gives up and says the line is jammed. Everything else works just fine on my dreampi.
Pepperonium

jial
Developer

Post#28 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:31 am

I will review if server is up and listening asap , but when I had that type of error, was my dreampi which was causing that problem. If you can try to reboot it

Robfozz
rebel

Post#29 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:44 pm

jial wrote:I will review if server is up and listening asap , but when I had that type of error, was my dreampi which was causing that problem. If you can try to reboot it

Tried rebooting it a few times, every other dreampi supported game works just fine. It doesn't even try to connect for very long, only a few seconds so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.
Pepperonium

Xiden
Developer

Post#30 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:57 pm

Robfozz wrote:
jial wrote:I will review if server is up and listening asap , but when I had that type of error, was my dreampi which was causing that problem. If you can try to reboot it

Tried rebooting it a few times, every other dreampi supported game works just fine. It doesn't even try to connect for very long, only a few seconds so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

I've ran into this a awhile back, its a glitch within your dreamcast settings. (I think). Unfortunately the only way I know of that fixes it is to reset the flash memory on your dreamcast. You can use this https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads/DCFlash.zip. There are some other ways to reset the Dreamcast flash memory with a dreamcast browser as well. You'll then need to reset up your internet connection then go directly to Shenmue passport first to test and should be resolved.