I'm happy to announce Sega Touring Car Championship for Sega Saturn is back online!
Most people are probably not aware that the NetLink actually had six USA region games that were compatible with the NetLink!
I was one of those people, until SaturnDave from Sega Saturn, Shiro showed it to me!
This game features:
-Translated Japanese to English
-Archived Messageboard (planning to add a bb in dreampipe for STCC)
Special thanks to Shuouma for helping me get the in game email forwarding setup for this game! Also of course thanks to Dave for providing well intact backup to work with of STCC!
You can access this website from your Sega Touring Car Championship Game automatically with Dreampi, or directly with your computer by going to http://dreampipe.net/stc
----------- How to submit a score for Sega Touring Car Championship ------------
Here's what you'll need:
1. NetLink or JP Xband Modem
3. Copy of Planetweb 3.0 or better for Sega Saturn
If you need a browser, download Planetweb v4.0 here - > http://www.mediafire.com/file/61ics5rjs ... b4035b.rar
---------- Setting up ------------------
1. Setup your Dreampi, if you are unfamiliar with what a Dreampi is or how to setup it up watch this video by PCWzrd13! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s (Settings will be the same when setting up a Sega Saturn, just use the Saturn browser instead of course)
2. Setup email on Dreampi and Planetweb 3.0 using this guide by PCWzrd13 https://dreamcastlive.net/sega-swirl-guide/. There is a bonus to setting up your email on Sega Saturn as you will now be able to trade/backup save files via email attachments!
3. Run the Sega Saturn Touring Car Championship Game, select Arcade Side, then select Records. Press Y button to access internet. Choose 2nd Option that pops up
4. Select "Setup" on the next screen
5. Select Provider and add the following info if its not there already:
USER ID: dream
DNS (primary): 0.0.0.0
DNS (secondary): 0.0.0.0
6. Select Mail Settings and add the following info:
Name: Your email username
Email Address: Your gmail address
Receiving Mail Server Host Name: This should be same as Pop3/Smpt IP you entered for planetweb 3.0
---------Submitting a Score ------------------
1. To submit a score you'll need to have the best time on your game for Arcade Mode/2Laps/Normal
- You should see a password below your score to know you qualify to upload.
2. Press Y To submit score choose 1st option that pops up, the connection and submission will happen automatically. Wait for for game to return you to main menu.
3. Next you'll need to run planetweb 3.0 or better, and open up the email section. Send an email to email@example.com and attach the file TOURINGC_01 then send the email. The dreampi will reroute to the proper system. Note: This step is a temporary work around until the password system is completely reversed, but you must complete it for your score to be registered at this time.
------ Events ---------
To participate in the 3 special global events leaderboards you'll need to do the following
Change the date within your Saturn to the following, enter Saturn Mode and select Global Net Event:
December 25, 1997 - Winter Holiday
February 13, 1998 - Hit and Run Mode (you need to hit every cone)
March 31st, 1998 - April Foul (avoid oncoming cars)
Post here if you encounter any errors.