Dreampipe Update

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Dreampipe Update

Post#1 » Sun May 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Greetings!

I've added two new sections in the updates area:

List of available Online Websites and List of Online Games.

I often get asked what all websites we have completed over time, so I've now made a comprehensive list on dreampipe :)

Holsten
brutal

Re: Dreampipe Update

Post#2 » Sun May 01, 2022 3:18 pm

what´s dreampipe?
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Holsten wrote:what´s dreampipe?

http://www.dreampipe.net

Hosts lots of old dreamcast websites :)

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:05 pm

Does Dreampipe also work with BBA?
E.g. by using some custom DNS ?
If yes, are there instructions somewhere for setting this up?
I've tried some BBA compatible browsers, but most of them don't let me enter a page or website because the initial webpage doesn't load (because it has been taken offline for decades lol).
Another browser I've tried was completely japanese and I couldn't make up how to navigate the menu's.. so I kinda gave up on the BBA for online browsing and gaming.

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:27 pm

MastaG wrote:Does Dreampipe also work with BBA?
E.g. by using some custom DNS ?
If yes, are there instructions somewhere for setting this up?
I've tried some BBA compatible browsers, but most of them don't let me enter a page or website because the initial webpage doesn't load (because it has been taken offline for decades lol).
Another browser I've tried was completely japanese and I couldn't make up how to navigate the menu's.. so I kinda gave up on the BBA for online browsing and gaming.

Some games are incompatible with BBA. You can manually access most dreampipe websites though using a broswer, I recommend using the XDP browser from dreamcastlive.net

As far as dns you can set yours to 46.101.91.123. Any games that support bba for web surfing and if their pages have been restored should work.

Dreampipe.net can be viewed without issues with bba. I might make a comprehensive list of bba compatible dreamcast sites at some point. Some games like Sonic Adventure 1 and Chu chu rocket store their image assets in the game itself (this is to help speed up site loading with dialup users). So without going to the page within the game lots of image links will be broken.

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:29 pm

You can still download all vmu content btw with a bba adapter as you would with dial up. Just click on the vmu link on dreampipe.net and it will take you to the dclive dlc downloads page.

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#7 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Wunderbar!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage