Help getting online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lightinng533
noob

Help getting online

Post#1 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 pm

Hello all. Having some issues getting things setup to go online. Got my Pi4 set up and starting, was planning on using wifi for this setup (but wired isn't working either). When trying to first use the Web Browser, it goes through the process of Dialing, Connecting, Connected, but then after about 90 seconds says "Unable to load document". Tried Quake 3 arena with the same settings, but on that one as soon as I save settings, it goes straight to "unable to connect" without any attempt. Any suggestions?

As i said, i'm using a Pi4, wireless and wired give the same results, using the latest dreampi image for pi4, and using the modem from DC live. I tried burning the XDP web browser, but for some reason it only reads as an audio disc.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Help getting online

Post#2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 pm

are you getting 2 green lights on the usb modem? i remember way back when i got my pi...i had to disable security in the modem for the pi to work

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Help getting online

Post#3 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:14 pm

Hopefully, you have two green lights, it takes time for the second green light to appear, about two minutes from boot up.

Keep us posted.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs