Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mickschen
core

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#201 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:27 pm

We couldnt download vmu saves?

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#202 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:34 am

I had issues today trying to download a key file too - I'm using a DreamPi, and here's what I tried:
  • Accessing the website via the game itself didn't redirect me to the correct Dreampipe URLs (this was using an NTSC GD-ROM on a PAL console, via disc swap)
  • I received a 404 error on the key generator page when accessing via DreamKey 3.0 (and my laptop for that matter). I've tried using both an automatic DNS and the Dreampipe one, and I seem to have created a Dreampipe account too (though it wasn't very clear if I was logged in)
All the same, it's very exciting to see this getting so close to completion, excellent work.

Xiden
Developer

Post#203 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:44 am

OlivusPrime wrote:I had issues today trying to download a key file too - I'm using a DreamPi, and here's what I tried:
  • Accessing the website via the game itself didn't redirect me to the correct Dreampipe URLs (this was using an NTSC GD-ROM on a PAL console, via disc swap)
  • I received a 404 error on the key generator page when accessing via DreamKey 3.0 (and my laptop for that matter). I've tried using both an automatic DNS and the Dreampipe one, and I seem to have created a Dreampipe account too (though it wasn't very clear if I was logged in)
All the same, it's very exciting to see this getting so close to completion, excellent work.

I haven't had a chance to fix the link on the main page yet but there is a key icon you can click when you select the homepage option from game menu, its right abvoe the globe.

As for the redirect not working as you sure its a usa daytona copy?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#204 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:49 pm

Hitting up that race car scene 8-)

45433A7D-8533-42AE-AC7D-3BFD650F35C2.jpeg

B7985730-55D9-4673-88EB-C5589138D17B.jpeg
Attachments
00A5D78B-8ADD-4D49-8579-9638D914C54D.jpeg

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#205 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Xiden wrote:I haven't had a chance to fix the link on the main page yet but there is a key icon you can click when you select the homepage option from game menu, its right abvoe the globe.

It's definitely a legit NTSC GD-ROM. The homepage with the key icon loads (presumably because that page is on the disc?), but all of the links on the page are broken due to being non-Dreampipe addresses. Does the DreamPi detect the console's region? I wonder if it's not redirecting properly due to being a PAL console.

Xiden
Developer

Post#206 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm

OlivusPrime wrote:
Xiden wrote:I haven't had a chance to fix the link on the main page yet but there is a key icon you can click when you select the homepage option from game menu, its right abvoe the globe.

It's definitely a legit NTSC GD-ROM. The homepage with the key icon loads (presumably because that page is on the disc?), but all of the links on the page are broken due to being non-Dreampipe addresses. Does the DreamPi detect the console's region? I wonder if it's not redirecting properly due to being a PAL console.

Shouldn't make a difference, do other game homepages work? Like sonic adventure for example? Could be your isp maybe blocking dns redirect. Do u have any screen shots?

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#207 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:55 pm

Xiden wrote:Shouldn't make a difference, do other game homepages work? Like sonic adventure for example? Could be your isp maybe blocking dns redirect. Do u have any screen shots?

Redirects seem to work fine for my PAL games - I've used the sites for Rayman 2 and Sonic Adventure directly from their respective discs.

I'll get some screenshots tomorrow :)

mickschen
core

Post#208 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:39 am

What i have to say again is that the japanese version dont have the "key button link" :-P

Maybe you could think about it for thoses who has the Japanese Version only.

Xiden
Developer

Post#209 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:10 am

Daytona Homepage link is fixed now so you can download from Dayton's homepage or the click the key icon.

mickschen
core

Post#210 » Mon May 01, 2023 12:31 pm

Nice!!

I have a question again, we could down- and upload ghost cars before we get this new game server infos or?

I mean like all the other VMU uo and downloads... You know what i mean, or we cant do anything with daytona usa before?