Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#171 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:33 pm

ioncannon wrote: US and EU versions should work out of the box with original CDs. Japanese version works like the other Dricas games and will require a patch disc to reroute the IP and disabled Dricas. Highly recommended to play with people closer to your geographical location cause it's all P2P based once in-game.

I thought the PAL version of Daytona USA 2001 had the 'online play code' removed (a la Unreal Tournament & Outrigger)? You could visit leaderboards and upload/download ghost cars (via Dreamarena back in the day), but nothing else. Unless the PAL version can be used to race online?
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#172 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:10 pm

rjay63 wrote:
ioncannon wrote: US and EU versions should work out of the box with original CDs. Japanese version works like the other Dricas games and will require a patch disc to reroute the IP and disabled Dricas. Highly recommended to play with people closer to your geographical location cause it's all P2P based once in-game.

I thought the PAL version of Daytona USA 2001 had the 'online play code' removed (a la Unreal Tournament & Outrigger)? You could visit leaderboards and upload/download ghost cars (via Dreamarena back in the day), but nothing else. Unless the PAL version can be used to race online?

Big mistake to remove the online mode on these titles.

dude2207
lithium

Post#173 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:20 pm

rjay63 wrote:

Oop, I can answer this one. When you're selecting a VMU if you have the key file the icon for it will still show up on the PAL version. However yes, Net Battle is no where to be found in the PAL menu. Gotta love it.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#174 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:27 pm

Huh weird I swear Net Battle ran. Will check again.

Edit: Ignore me, seems it doesn't support net play. It does detect a keyfile though.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#175 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:17 am

come on come on!
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (814.53 KiB) Viewed 2444 times

mickschen
core

Post#176 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:56 am

ioncannon wrote:Huh weird I swear Net Battle ran. Will check again.

Edit: Ignore me, seems it doesn't support net play. It does detect a keyfile though.

Yo.

One of my Fav Beer is Budvar Budweiser TOO! is one of the best European Lager!

So, ok, which cars are playable online? This standard cars or the bonus cars too?

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#177 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:17 am

mickschen wrote:
ioncannon wrote:Huh weird I swear Net Battle ran. Will check again.

Yo.

One of my Fav Beer is Budvar Budweiser TOO! is one of the best European Lager!

So, ok, which cars are playable online? This standard cars or the bonus cars too?

All the base cars, and the game will randomly give you the pace cars as well which can be used. It seems to save the data as long as you quit the multiplayer mode and let it save. Haven't figured out how stats would save/load tho.

Still testing/debugging the DreamPi packet editor. Dude and Shu were able to get 1 game going Dreamcast 2 Dreamcast before it broke.

pizzahotline
shadow

Post#178 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:25 pm

This is seriously exciting stuff! Well done for your hard work. I can't wait to have a go! The one game I've always been curious about is Outtrigger, does anyone know if anyone has ever attempted to get that one back online?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#179 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:40 pm

pizzahotline wrote:This is seriously exciting stuff! Well done for your hard work. I can't wait to have a go! The one game I've always been curious about is Outtrigger, does anyone know if anyone has ever attempted to get that one back online?

I want that game back online too. Shu has attempted I believe or he was working on Bomberman Online first. That is a game I hope comes back online soon, I been waiting awhile for that one

pizzahotline
shadow

Post#180 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:22 am

Oh that's cool to hear! I have no idea how this sort of stuff works , just a passionate fan but I can imagine it's a hell of a task! Ill check out Bomberman.