Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mickschen
core

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#191 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:59 am

At first we wanna play the 4 player mode xD

And its funny to drive to the pit, but if you drive through it on a 4 Laps race, you will be on place 4 on the end of this track xD

Im very excited. And i have interest on some things like latency, netcode etc. How stable this game will be and so on...

So cool!

MrVestek
rebel

Post#192 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:51 am

Excellent work! I never did get a chance to play this online back in the day... infact I don't think the European version even had NetPlay so this will be amazing.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#193 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:24 pm

Been busy again IRL; but was able to finish building the web-oriented version of the key generator and DreamPipe's Daytona site can now spit out keys.

Might wanna try checking out the Daytona home page and click the key button ;). You need the DreamPipe DNS set and an account on DreamPipe.

Just a few more fixes on the lobby server left. You technically can connect to the access server and make your handles now. Connecting to the lobby server will fail (or hang) unless you catch us in the middle of testing.

Thanks Dude, Xiden, and Dan for the help with PHP/Dreampipe/testing.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#194 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:45 am

Awesome! I never got to pick this up back in the day. I always thought it was interesting this game had a KEY file you needed to download. What exactly was the purpose of it?

Xiden
Developer

Post#195 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:55 am

Nico0020 wrote:Awesome! I never got to pick this up back in the day. I always thought it was interesting this game had a KEY file you needed to download. What exactly was the purpose of it?

It stores connection and user data. You can't even get to the dial out screen without it either.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#196 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:05 pm

ioncannon wrote:Been busy again IRL; but was able to finish building the web-oriented version of the key generator and DreamPipe's Daytona site can now spit out keys.

Might wanna try checking out the Daytona home page and click the key button ;). You need the DreamPipe DNS set and an account on DreamPipe.

Just a few more fixes on the lobby server left. You technically can connect to the access server and make your handles now. Connecting to the lobby server will fail (or hang) unless you catch us in the middle of testing.

Thanks Dude, Xiden, and Dan for the help with PHP/Dreampipe/testing.

I'll probably do this tomorrow after PSO

mickschen
core

Post#197 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:52 am

I have a question, what did i wrong when i get the 404 Error Page when i click on "get acces key" on the daytona page?

Im with BBA online and go over dreampipe.net homepage to it

Xiden
Developer

Post#198 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:05 am

mickschen wrote:I have a question, what did i wrong when i get the 404 Error Page when i click on "get acces key" on the daytona page?

Im with BBA online and go over dreampipe.net homepage to it

Keep in mind daytona only works with dialup. If you click on the key icon when you select home page on daytona disc it will take you to key download area.

Ill fix link on daytona main page today as well.

mickschen
core

Post#199 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:23 am

Yeah i only was with BBA with DPP on Dreampipe. I get the key cause some gave me the direct link to it.

So what can i do now? Wanna test if it working. I use the original GD from Japan version.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#200 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:15 am

Won't work on BBA as this game was made before it. Need to use a modem + some kind of PPP solution like DreamPi. We are still testing the lobby server portion so for now all you can do is make a handle.