Dreampi problems out of nowhere

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

djrobotnik
noob

Dreampi problems out of nowhere

Post#1 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi all, first time forums poster here. I've been excited about all the Dreamcast's online activity lately, and after a months-long hiatus I recently tried jumping into PSO again.

Unfortunately, I can no longer connect, which is odd since I never changed any settings on my Dreampi. I tried another game to see if the problem was with PSO specifically, but Quake wouldn't work either. The troubleshooting page here on the website is a bit overwhelming, and I'm unsure of how to fix this. Only one of the lights (red) on my pi is glowing, and I already rebooted my router and confirmed that the router is allowing Dreampi traffic. I also logged into my pi via the TV and double-checked the wifi settings. Finally, I unplugged the pi and plugged it back in, but no luck. Can anyone give me some tips on how to solve this?

djrobotnik
noob

Re: Dreampi problems out of nowhere

Post#2 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:30 pm

To anyone who cares - I was given the solution by a community hero! Here's his reply that solved my problem:

"It's possible the DreamPi image was corrupted somehow. You can try re-writing the image to the SD card by following the instructions in this video (starting at the 2:04 mark)."

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s