My DreamPi comes with this in terminal and I can't get online...

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jeikusan
rebel

Re: My DreamPi comes with this in terminal and I can't get online...

Post#11 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:06 am

Here's a picture of my IP settings on my Pi, is everything okay here?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 12.06.23.png

jeikusan
rebel

Post#12 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:08 am

I keep getting no dial tone error if that helps

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:52 am

Could be a broken line voltage inducer but can you post a picture of how you have everything plugged in just to make sure it's all correct?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jeikusan
rebel

Post#14 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:16 am

Here are some pictures, I feel it could be a broken line inducer... If it is, would I be able to send back to you? I ordered the DreamPi from you back in 2020.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 14.14.25.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 14.14.12.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 14.13.58.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 14.13.26.png

edenist
shadow

Post#15 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:37 am

You can get some more debug info, and check what is happening when the DC is dialing to the dreampi.
Log in to the dreampi console [user: pi, pass: raspberry], then run the following command.

tail -f /var/log/syslog

This will start spitting out dreampi debug info. When attempting to dial out from the DC, you should see "AT" commands in the log quite regularly. If you don't see any AT commands in the logfile then it means the DC isn't communicating at all with the USB modem.

If you can see the AT commands, it means that the ISP settings are possibly misconfigured. Work on getting things running with the browsers first [dreamkey, planetweb etc] as they give good access to these settings. Throw in a picture of your ISP settings and/or logfile above if you want some further troubleshooting help :-)

Also, I would highly recommend trying an alternative power-supply if you have one. Voltage-warnings in the logs shows the unit isn't getting enough power, and as the LVI is powered by USB it is not going to be able to provide enough voltage there either which will produce no dial-tone errors.
Last edited by edenist on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#16 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:40 am

jeikusan wrote:Here are some pictures, I feel it could be a broken line inducer... If it is, would I be able to send back to you? I ordered the DreamPi from you back in 2020.

They're not really worth repairing, especially with the crazy costs for international shipping but if you send me an email we can figure something out. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

jeikusan
rebel

Post#17 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:11 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
jeikusan wrote:Here are some pictures, I feel it could be a broken line inducer... If it is, would I be able to send back to you? I ordered the DreamPi from you back in 2020.

They're not really worth repairing, especially with the crazy costs for international shipping but if you send me an email we can figure something out. :)

I just emailed you then :)

jeikusan
rebel

Post#18 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:05 am

edenist wrote:You can get some more debug info, and check what is happening when the DC is dialing to the dreampi.
Log in to the dreampi console [user: pi, pass: raspberry], then run the following command.

tail -f /var/log/syslog

This will start spitting out dreampi debug info. When attempting to dial out from the DC, you should see "AT" commands in the log quite regularly. If you don't see any AT commands in the logfile then it means the DC isn't communicating at all with the USB modem.

If you can see the AT commands, it means that the ISP settings are possibly misconfigured. Work on getting things running with the browsers first [dreamkey, planetweb etc] as they give good access to these settings. Throw in a picture of your ISP settings and/or logfile above if you want some further troubleshooting help :-)

Also, I would highly recommend trying an alternative power-supply if you have one. Voltage-warnings in the logs shows the unit isn't getting enough power, and as the LVI is powered by USB it is not going to be able to provide enough voltage there either which will produce no dial-tone errors.

Hey thanks for the info! I typed in the command into the terminal and this what came up.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 16.01.54.png