How do I flash Dreampi with a Mac?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Re: How do I flash Dreampi with a Mac?

Post#21 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 am

If you aren't getting two green lights on the modem once the Pi has booted, then it wont matter what voltage inducer you have, it isn't going to work. You need to have both lights on first and foremost. This suggests you have an issue with your dreampi setup with the raspberry pi

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=8263

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#22 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:18 am

Just to confirm,
is your Raspberry Pi connected to your network via Ethernet?

You may also benefit from connecting your Pi to a monitor of sorts while it boots to view any error messages.

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#23 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:34 am

I got everything working except two lines have a failed here's a picture of the stuff on my Facebook.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#24 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:52 am

You are getting DHCP errors

Have you connected your Pi to your network via an Ethernet cable? Can you ping your Pi from another device or see it on the network?

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#25 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:07 am

I have connected it by ethernet and my home network is a fiber connection.

I know my fiber connection is very weird DHCP controls and you have to call the company to get it fixed.

Thanks for telling me I'll call now.

Also I never tested ping on anything between machines.

How do I do that with a Macintosh to test the ping between it and the raspberry Pi?

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#26 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 am

I assume you have a home router? That should be controlling DHCP, and being internal I don't think that is anything to contact your Internet Provider about. It's no different then connecting a PC or any device to your home network.

Is your Pi connected to your router?

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#27 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:29 am

Now with these new school routers it looks like they don't want you to poke into them.

I try to use the password on the box which has the admin password but I tried typing it in and it doesn't work.

It's so secure you can't even use it the way you want.

Looks like I got a Wi-Fi 6 modem.

The fiber company is stumped. They don't know how to go into their own modem.

They're going to have to call me in a couple days to figure out what's going on.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#28 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:04 am

That is the thing, initially you shouldn't have to go into your modem / router. Once you need to setup port forwards for certain games then you will. But if you just want to get internet access to the Raspberry Pi you simply need to connect it directly into one of the LAN ports on your router.

Are you able to confirm you have done this?

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#29 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:26 pm

Yes the ethernet port is plugged into my seven-port "brainless" splitter which is directly connected to my router through a long 45 ft cord.

The brainless splitter does not have its own IP address.

Otherwise I'd have a whole bunch of systems jockeying for the one porch to the main internet connection.

Is this considered good enough for the dream pi or no?

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#30 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:18 pm

As long as its connecting to your router somehow it should be getting assigned an IP address. In this case, it still appears to not be. I'd be next confirming the cable you're using works with maybe another device or computer.