How do I flash Dreampi with a Mac?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

tripletopper
blackout!

Re: How do I flash Dreampi with a Mac?

Post#11 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:41 pm

If I could show you a picture I would. Seriously I want to show the picture of this.

I assume it was ntsc because I traded it on GameTZ with an American.

For some such reason someone put the power wires to induce the dial-up modem through the side of the HDMI port so that the HDMI port of the Pi can still have an HDMI cord but the power goes through it on the side.

Seriously I'd like to submit pictures of this. How do I do that on here? My phone is ready to take a picture and send it to Dreamcast Talk.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:08 pm

You'll have to use the Full Editor & Preview option to add images and attachments.

Do you see any lights on the modem when its plugged into the Pi?

This dreampi setup sounds like a bit of a hack job, and most likely what is causing the issue.

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#13 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:16 pm

Go to Facebook and see my pictures. My Facebook name is my real identity Brian Ciesicki.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#14 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:11 pm

ok that looks janky as but fundamentally its all there. The wires I assume are taking 5V from the pin headers of the Pi and going into a voltage booster. That model Pi is fine, as I run the same with my setup.

After powering on the Pi the USB modem should have two lights turn on. That would be my first step. Checking / verifying the voltage is getting through the booster might also be worth doing, but only if we can confirm the USB modem and dreampi image is loading successfully.

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#15 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:51 pm

I guess I can try my house voip for internet connection via dial up

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#16 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:51 pm

It may not play games right, byt tge internet should still work.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#17 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Have you ensured you have powered you raspberry pi?

Again I ask, what or how many LEDs are on the USB Modem?

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#18 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:00 am

I tried my modem with my voice which is Ooma, and it says the line is busy plug directly into my voip. Let me see if my device has any messages.

The USB modem has two green lights.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#19 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:08 am

If the USB Modem has two green lights, while plugged into the Raspberry Pi then we there is a good chance it is working correctly.

The issue then would be with the connection to the Dreamcast via the phone cable + voltage inducer or the Dreamcast configuration itself.

At this stage, testing and confirming the phone cable / voltage inducer is producing the correct voltage wouldnt be a bad idea.

tripletopper
blackout!

Post#20 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:10 am

Never mind my modem has only one green light.

If that's the case should I just buy a voltage-induced modem from the Dreamcast online shop and that should work?