DMZ with Comcast (xfinity)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

redjeff76
Anarki

DMZ with Comcast (xfinity)

Post by redjeff76 »

DMZ setup on Comcast (xfinity). It only lets me set my last 2 digits of the supposed IP address. I set it to "98", but it has my IP as 10.0.0.98 now. I can't and never was able to adjust the other numbers. It would only let me add the last 2 numbers, which I did. Is this normal? Is this how Comcast (xfinity) routers/modem combo units set up a DMZ? Like are the number's before "98" just generic because it already knows my IP address? I just needed to add the "98" and now my DMZ is good to go? If anyone knows what's up, please message me. I am brand new to this site and DreamPi.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Re: DMZ with Comcast (xfinity)

Post by mistamontiel »

Welcome! and er by golly waow my casts through both DreamPis get assigned 10.0.0.98 too! I wonder what barnacles ensues when we both dial into same title together xP

I DMZ'd forever ago n then I had router changed too, gateway IP in browser looks same but won't allow do anything except says use the website.. that used to work, now that that's no more, forced to dumbphone to work DMZ+forwards and all my setup thankfully stayed same

You're good because across everything of mine it gives 10.0.0.xx, now a sure test would be you to boot Alien Front Online even to create a session by yourself, if it disconnects then DMZ is not in effect

If that's no success, another sure test to reveal what IP your Dreamcast gets is to dial Quake 3, upon connection it informs you

CutieJoey
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena
ChuChu Rocket
Alien Front Online
Sega Sports’ 2K Series
4X4 Evolution
Starlancer

Post by CutieJoey »

I have the same issue too! DMZ is not working for me too! I don’t know what’s going on right now.

redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

I am still confused...so the DMZ does or does not work for both of you if set as 10.0.0.98?

If I can't use DMZ does that mean I can't play those games that need one? I don't have a true landline so DreamPi is my only option.

Does Port Forwarding work on Comcast (Xfinity) instead, or is that not an option either?

Man I am gonna be super pissed if I paid to have a DreamPi built and Comcast (Xfinity) screws me out of playing all the games that need a DMZ? This is so frustrating.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
Starlancer
AFO
Tetris
Maximum Pool
CCR
4x4
PSO v2

Post by ncman071 »

10.0.0.98 is fine. My old isp assigned ips to 10.0.0.xx..so yes yours should work fine. What the previous poster was saying is check to make sure it works with alien front online...because thats a good test. If it disconnects after connecting online then dmz did not work. I think yours should be fine

Sonic1994DC
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO Ver.2, Driving Strikers, ClassiCube, POD SpeedZone, Maximum Pool, Alien Front Online

Post by Sonic1994DC »

redjeff76 wrote:DMZ setup on Comcast (xfinity). It only lets me set my last 2 digits of the supposed IP address. I set it to "98", but it has my IP as 10.0.0.98 now. I can't and never was able to adjust the other numbers. It would only let me add the last 2 numbers, which I did. Is this normal? Is this how Comcast (xfinity) routers/modem combo units set up a DMZ? Like are the number's before "98" just generic because it already knows my IP address? I just needed to add the "98" and now my DMZ is good to go? If anyone knows what's up, please message me. I am brand new to this site and DreamPi.
I have Cox/Panoramic this is Comcast's sister company. I had the same problem too. Me and Scrivani were able to fix my problem. I have GoogleWifi which is like a wifi extender so I don't need a long cable going from my router in my living room all the way into my room. Anyways I figure out I needed to port forward my games for them to be able to connect and work properly online. Some internet providers don't let you DMZ. Port forwarding is your answer. Look on how to do that. What game are you trying to DMZ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post by mistamontiel »

@ first I did port forward but it was partially working so DMZ instead

My provider is Comcastic they're Xfinity too for years, this is ezpz you've got this

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

You should be fine, Jeff. All devices on your network have an IP that starts with 10.0.0 so that's why it doesn't allow you to change it. The important part is the last number. As others have said, you can just test with Alien Front Online to be sure.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Spleet
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Worms World Party, Quake 3, 4x4 Evo, Chu Chu Rocket, StarLancer, POD SpeedZone, Bomberman Online*

Post by Spleet »

If alien front works does that mean DMZ on the DC is active?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post by mistamontiel »

Yes even creating AFO game by yourself you will disconnect if DMZ not on