Dream Pi 1.9 DLE not working with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1 GB RAM)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaDCguyyy
Fancy Pants Admin

Dream Pi 1.9 DLE not working with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1 GB RAM)

Post by SegaDCguyyy »

Hi, I finally managed to buy the parts required to make a Dream Pi, unfortunately, the disc image does not work with my raspberry pi. I have used multiple SD cards (all from San disk, 4 GB and 28 GB), I have also used various updates of Dream Pi (1.7 and 1.9 (for pi 4/zero) as well as 1.9 DLE)
When I use 1.9 for pi 4/zero I get a rainbow colored screen and I wait around fifteen minutes until the green light on the pi no longer blinks and is clearly frozen, I then try the non pi4/zero version and it just tells me that "start.elf: is not compatible" and then says "This board requires newer software". I have tried unplugging the keyboard as well as the modem to make sure it is not a hardware issue and the same things happen. My Pi is the 1 GB model, I don't know if I just don't have enough RAM, could the raspberry Pi just be broken? I did not plug in ethernet plug because I am (trying) to use Wi-Fi. I have been downloading the Dream Pi disc images from dreamcastlive.net as well as from the Kazade blog (where I got 1.7 from) maybe someone knows another site I can get the disc images from? In short, what is happening and what can I do?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Dream Pi 1.9 DLE not working with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1 GB RAM)

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Do you have the cable plugged into the correct HDMI port on the Pi? Someone else had this issue and it turned out he had it plugged into the wrong one.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

SegaDCguyyy
Fancy Pants Admin

Re: Dream Pi 1.9 DLE not working with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1 GB RAM)

Post by SegaDCguyyy »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Do you have the cable plugged into the correct HDMI port on the Pi? Someone else had this issue and it turned out he had it plugged into the wrong one.
Yes I did that and used raspberry pi disc imager, it worked. In case anyone finds this post disregard the info on dreamcastlive, I now have an issue with connecting to WiFi due to their guide