About the Server Software...

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: About the Server Software...

Post by BlueCrab »

Favrenation wrote:I think a collaborative server would be great! I have one question though: Do you have plans in the future to support NTSC Gamecubes? I know the whole Gamecube thing is buggy but it would be easier to just use a Gamecube than to get my Dreamcast online. Thanx!

My server software, as its running on my server, supports all Gamecubes (although, I've only ever tested NTSC-U and PAL), as well as Dreamcast (v1 and v2), and PC. It just doesn't support having Gamecube and DC/PC players in the same game, due to compatibility issues between the versions.

Impulse wrote:BlueCrab:

I will immediately credit you on all pages that mention the pso server. I can understand why you are unhappy about this and I also apologize for not sourcing the commands from your code site. It was really a dumb mistake on my part. I will fix that too.

I sincerely apologize in regard to everything that we've done using the server (not crediting, telling you, etc.) but I'm very happy that we can possibly collaborate on a shipgate/server etc. when you're ready.
Thanks!

I will PM you soon with the server specs and source info.
I'd prefer if you'd put the source code information up on the pages about the server as well, so that everyone else knows that the thing is completely open source, and can see any changes you guys have made. Please PM me with the information as well when you get it up though!
Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

My server software, as its running on my server, supports all Gamecubes (although, I've only ever tested NTSC-U and PAL), as well as Dreamcast (v1 and v2), and PC. It just doesn't support having Gamecube and DC/PC players in the same game, due to compatibility issues between the versions.

On the DC-talk server they said it would only work with PAL ATM. They actually had a dc/pc and GC player playing all at the same time. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020

EDIT: Maybe that was the old software srry.
PS2 Online Gaming
Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Planet Ring
Quake III Arena
Phantasy Star Online ver. 2
Maximum Pool
4x4 Evolution

Post by Impulse »

BlueCrab wrote:I'd prefer if you'd put the source code information up on the pages about the server as well, so that everyone else knows that the thing is completely open source, and can see any changes you guys have made. Please PM me with the information as well when you get it up though!

That's a cool idea. I will put a link to the current source we are using in the pso connection guide.

Favrenation wrote:On the DC-talk server they said it would only work with PAL ATM. They actually had a dc/pc and GC player playing all at the same time. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020

Favrenation, you are correct. We were not using Sylverant at that time.

We haven't been able to connect with Gc pso at all using our build of Sylverant. Maybe it is becuase of the outdated source we are using?
-Impulse
BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

Impulse wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:I'd prefer if you'd put the source code information up on the pages about the server as well, so that everyone else knows that the thing is completely open source, and can see any changes you guys have made. Please PM me with the information as well when you get it up though!

That's a cool idea. I will put a link to the current source we are using in the pso connection guide.

Favrenation wrote:On the DC-talk server they said it would only work with PAL ATM. They actually had a dc/pc and GC player playing all at the same time. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2020

Favrenation, you are correct. We were not using Sylverant at that time.

We haven't been able to connect with Gc pso at all using our build of Sylverant. Maybe it is becuase of the outdated source we are using?

Aha! So you weren't using my server for that screenshot. I was wondering why that was allowed (I thought someone had taken out some of my sanity checking code to make it happen). Sylverant supports GC players, and has since around the January timeframe (although that was only for NTSC-U players, the other versions weren't supported until March, I believe). I had honestly forgotten how recently I added that support to Sylverant myself.
Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

Yeah sorry I must have gotten confused about the dates. :oops: I heard you could use a Gamecube on this forum and I was searching the new server on Google and that said it had Gamecube compatibility and I just blatantly put the two thoughts together to make the wrong assumption.
PS2 Online Gaming