Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Post#771 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:11 am

Another shining example of Sega's neglectful policies.

Ives you fixed the quest file on your ship did you? Or am I mistaken?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#772 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Yes, I did fix that error among the other changes.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

DreamState
blackout!

Post#773 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:55 am

Hi guys, was playing my Dreamcast online yesterday and a player named “Socar” dropped a lot of rares in the lobby of Altimira Ship, naturally I asked him “are these hacked?” to which he replied no. So I scooped some up. When I loaded my game back up after powering off, I had found my entire character was wiped down to Level 1 with no items at all, not even the ones I had before.

I have now found out that the same VMU will not make any new saved game files when loading up other games. And all of my existing saved game data on the VMU is missing completely. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Is there anyway someone in authority could make contact with player “Socar” who claims to be from France?

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

Post#774 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:06 am

I'm having trouble connecting with PSO Ver 2 on my Dreamcast. I'm using a DreamPi to connect online with my DC and I was playing PSO Ver 1 with no problems. I was able to get a copy of Ver 2 but now it won't connect to the lobby. It has me put in my Serial Number and Access Key and then it says it connects but it won't go to the lobby, it just stays on the loading screen. Any help with me greatly appreciated.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#775 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:55 pm

Cyrano_de_Tejas wrote:I'm having trouble connecting with PSO Ver 2 on my Dreamcast. I'm using a DreamPi to connect online with my DC and I was playing PSO Ver 1 with no problems. I was able to get a copy of Ver 2 but now it won't connect to the lobby. It has me put in my Serial Number and Access Key and then it says it connects but it won't go to the lobby, it just stays on the loading screen. Any help with me greatly appreciated.
With version 2, you must use the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc to load the game up to use an original copy of the game.

Unfortunately, PSOv2 has an extra check that cannot easily be bypassed (without using the patcher disc or some other way of patching the game) that always points at Sega's (long dead) server.

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

Post#776 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Ahhhh, okay, I didn't know that, after I was able to connect so easily with Ver 1 I just assumed it was the same, even when it asked if I wanted to buy a Hunters Card. Thank you so much for letting me know, I'll get it all set up and be back on in no time!

rjbr
lithium

Post#777 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:00 pm

I have a dreamcast dreamshell hd sata, there's a bug in psov2, that the character can't revive the friend or give power. how to fix this?

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#778 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:46 pm

rjbr wrote:I have a dreamcast dreamshell hd sata, there's a bug in psov2, that the character can't revive the friend or give power. how to fix this?

That is not a bug with the server, but rather with Dreamshell's loader. It is a known issue with pretty much all loaders for any sort of GDEmu, Hard Drive, or SD card type thing.

Basically, what you're seeing is a copy protection/cheating prevention thing that is programmed into the game.

rjbr
lithium

Post#779 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:29 am

my psov2 is copy so that must be it.

rjbr
lithium

Post#780 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:33 am

so I have to have the original game, so I don't have this kind of bug.