Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sen
shadow

Re: Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Post#761 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Stil, get the disconnects, no matter the ship I choose... weird.

TacT
Uber

Post#762 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 pm

You are using Real dial up Sen? Do you get disconnected playing other games ?

it's still thinking.

Sen
shadow

Post#763 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Real dial up, yes. I wasn't able to connect to the games that use only a DNS. I heard more people have trouble connecting to these games with real dial up. So I can't compare. I would still like to connect to these other games if I can as well...

I was able to play a lot of PSO last year without trouble. I used the same ISP.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#764 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Some ISPs force you to use their DNS servers, which is why the DNS method doesn't work with them. If you have such an ISP, your only option is to use boot discs/CB codes to change the address of the game server.

As for resetting the flash memory, PW 1.0 is the only retail disc that can do it. If you don't have 1.0, then you have to download and burn a homebrew memory eraser disc.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

TacT
Uber

Post#765 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:42 pm

There's no other way He can't use your disc to play pso online then? Well thanks anyway I'll let him know.

it's still thinking.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#766 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:48 pm

You don't need a boot disc, CB codes, or the DNS method to use my autoconnect discs. They just work, assuming you have your GD-ROM serials set up properly. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#767 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Sen wrote:Real dial up, yes. I wasn't able to connect to the games that use only a DNS. I heard more people have trouble connecting to these games with real dial up. So I can't compare. I would still like to connect to these other games if I can as well...

I was able to play a lot of PSO last year without trouble. I used the same ISP.
Your problem seems like some kind of random networking hiccup (possibly a result of the near constant state of DoS that people seem to like to inflict on my server)... That said, if it's happening regardless of the ship (on Iselia/Altimira (hosted on the same machine), Vega, and Palmacosta), then it's quite possibly something going wonky on your ISP's end (or on your end (house wiring) or your telephone company's end (outside wiring))... Unfortunately, there's not much I can suggest to solve that set of problems other than to try to wait it out. :?

Sen
shadow

Post#768 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 am

Okay, thanks for the advice.

There aren't any autoconnect discs for Toy Racer, Chuchu Rocket of Starlancer are there?

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#769 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:37 am

So Vega was down for a week, but after 7 days I tried to get on again and I found that the stability is off the charts. This is some shaky guerrilla style recording but I don't know if I can ever recreate this step by step. Yes I know I picked a weapon that is totally worthless to my class, but it's just for demonstration purposes.

https://www.twitch.tv/scaryred24/v/101916772

By the way I have plans to get a capture card. I just been putting it off for the last 9 years.
Last edited by scaryred24 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#770 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:27 pm

That has nothing to do with Vega. The Very Hard TTF prize list is broken in the original quest file, so you have to modify the quest in order to fix it. The problem was infamous on the official server for being one of the more obvious mistakes Sega had made.
"Fear the HUnewearl."