Quake III Arena "Servers Currently Online" List

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mateoman
shadow

Quake III Arena "Servers Currently Online" List

Post by Mateoman »

Hey all,

So for those who don't yet know, Q3A's Master Server has been down for the last couple weeks. Both this site and onlineconsoles.com are working to re-establish a Master Server, so this problem should be remedied shortly. But in the meantime I thought we might build a list of the individual servers we know are still running. These servers are reachable on Q3A individually if you log in with all entries either blank or with "0.0.0.0", let the master server fail (or just press X to cancel), go to "More", and enter the following addresses.

This is what I know of so far:

DC Arena - FFA: 81.169.187.240:27961
DC Arena - CTF: 81.169.187.240:27960

DC Talk - FFA: 108.34.196.186:27960
DC Talk - CTF: 108.34.196.186:27961

For the DC Talk servers, I know that the IPs are dynamic - that is, they change every so often. In the case that you enter the above addresses and find nothing, go to the following link to see the updated address:

http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/dctalk.no-ip.info

Hopefully we'll start seeing people online again! The disappearance of the Master Server really killed Q3A DC traffic.
Mateoman
shadow

Re: Quake III Arena "Servers Currently Online" List

Post by Mateoman »

I made an identical post over on OC's Q3A message board. Maybe we can interface between the two?
brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

Post by brourke228 »

DC-talk is hosting a master server for quake 3 now in addition to the game servers. See here: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... 155#p45155 .

If you want your server to show up on the dctalk master server list just add this to your quake 3 server config

Code: Select all

set sv_master2 "dctalk.no-ip.info"
As far as connecting, I explained how to do it there. If you're confused let me know.
Regards,
brourke228

Mateoman
shadow

Post by Mateoman »

I guess I am a bit confused.

I tried using Dr. DNS (it was my first time using it, mind you). I ran the fresh build of Dr. DNS on my compy, and then booted up Q3A and entered my external IP as my Primary DNS.

That didn't work, so I tried my local IP (10.0.0.4) as the Primary DNS, and that didn't work either.

Both times, upon connecting "successfully", it claims that it's connecting to 10.0.0.14, but then nothing comes of it, and no master server is found.

I can still connect to individual servers without as hitch.

My compy is connected wirelessly to the router that my DC is connected to directly. Ideas? :)
brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

Post by brourke228 »

Okay, so on your computer open up Dr.DNS. It will open up a cmd prompt-like window. Then on Dreamcast set the primary DNS to the local IP address of the computer running Dr.DNS.

Are you sure 10.0.0.4 is your local IP? Routers usually put the ip addressing as 192.168.x.x . If you open up a command prompt window (On windows: start>run>type "cmd" or just start> type "cmd" in search bar) and then type "ipconfig" in the open window you should see your ipv4 ip address.

If you're sure thats the right ip address you could have a firewall blocking Dreamcast from accessing Dr.DNS on your computer. When there is activity you will see a bunch of stuff showing up in the Dr.DNS window like "such and such dns resolved to dctalk.no-ip.info for (dreamcast ip address)"

Here is a screenshot of what drdns should look like when its connected (My Dreamcast's IP address is 192.168.1.10):

Here is a video of me connecting to the new dc-talk q3 master server (I'm using dial-in server, but bba will be the same):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXBF2pNNgfs[/youtube]

As you can see, the computer I have running Dr.DNS is at 192.168.1.229 and the IP address of my Dreamcast is 192.168.1.10
Regards,
brourke228

everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Post by everynewday84 »

Glad to see that it is not yet the end of q3dc. Thanks for all your effort brourke!
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.
Mateoman
shadow

Post by Mateoman »

Odd... I did exactly that and I still cannot reach the master server. Dr. DNS doesn't see to be reading anything, even with my firewall off. I tested both over wireless and ethernet. I can still connect to individual servers though.